ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: Threaded HW valve

Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:07 am

Herman, you can have my HW valve if you want it for parts. Othetwise it's going in the trash. The metal cap on the on/off handle is well rusted but i assume the internals are good. I don't need it. Let me know.  Mark
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Herman
VDH Moderator

Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:57 pm

Mark, I want the valve if you don't, we can chat via PM or you can email me at [email protected] . I have one already but a spare never hurts. I received the reg from Snark today, it still works, the IP locks up solid at 125 psi and works fine with a second stage connected. I plan to rebuild it and dive it this summer, I will have to coolest reg a the quarry.

If anyone has the second stage, I am in the market for it.
Herman

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:30 am

Herman wrote:
Mark, I want the valve if you don't, we can chat via PM or you can email me at [email protected] . I have one already but a spare never hurts. I received the reg from Snark today, it still works, the IP locks up solid at 125 psi and works fine with a second stage connected. I plan to rebuild it and dive it this summer, I will have to coolest reg a the quarry.

Email sent.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

SnarkIII
Lung Diver
First Name: Skip

Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:08 pm

Herman wrote:

[/quote
Glad to hear it still works Herman and that it will end up back in the water where it belongs.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:18 pm

Spare valve on the way to Herman. :D

Bronze06
Master Diver
First Name: Russell

Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:15 am

Wow! Just read this post and caught up. Really cool SH reg. flow-through piston (balanced?) design. Way cool!
"Where'd ya get that ol' thang, don't cha' know them thare things ill kill ya!"

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

Herman
VDH Moderator

Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:34 pm

It's not balanced and is really a hybrid between flow by and flow thru designs. The seat and oring seal are the same as any simple flow by piston, the difference is what would normally be the small vent holes that go through the piston to the head of the piston have been enlarged so that they can not only provide control air the piston head but can also flow enough gas to supply a diver.
Herman

Return to “Tanks and Valves”