jrltenn
Master Diver
First Name: Joshua

Help with US Divers J-62 manifold rebuild parts

Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:30 pm

If this has already been addressed previously I apologize a search did not turn up the info I was looking for. Can anyone tell me what parts or part kit is needed to rebuild this manifold? The section in the VDH store has several kits and quite a few miscellaneous washers and such available but I am not sure which are applicable. The manual section has a breakdown but only the stock part numbers.
Thanks.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: Help with US Divers J-62 manifold rebuild parts

Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:21 pm

There is a great article with pictures, diagrams and everything in the manuals and catalog section. Look under "US Divers manuals, testing, parts drawings, all years covered" and go to the file on J60 and J62 Valves. I have rebuilt several and it isn't rocket science. Most parts are reuseable. There is a black gasket in the J-Valve seat assembly that is usually toast and hard to come by but folks seem to get by with a similar size o-ring instead. Should the Teflon Valve Stem Gasket in the Reserve lever assembly need replacing (it hardly ever does), I think Bryan has them in the web-store. If you tell him exactly what you are looking for (i.e. part number from diagram) after you get the manifold apart I'm sure he can advise if he has it. Don't forget new burst discs of the correct pressure rating for the tanks you intend to use and use the proper in/lb torque to install.

Good luck with the rebuild. Mark
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

captain
Plank Owner

Re: Help with US Divers J-62 manifold rebuild parts

Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:44 am

Usually all you need to replace are the white Teflon seals in the shut off valve bonnet and the J bonnet and the O ring under the reserve elbow ball seat. Biggest issue I run into is previous folks adding O rings and copper gaskets where they don't belong. I have a limited supply of NOS parts but not every part. If you need anything PM me and I can check if I have it.
Captain

Return to “Tanks and Valves”