time2dive
Vintage Diver

Issues with Voit Manifold

Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:53 am

I recently painted one of my set of doubles white and added the Voit Decals since I had spare Voit Manifold laying around. The problem is that it valve leaks. It does not shut off all of the way. It had standard valve parts in it when I got it. I rebuilt it even though the old parts looked in good shape, but it still will not shut off all of the way. Since this is my first and only voit manifold I do no know if it takes standard valve parts or "special" Voit parts. The valve seats that I am using (Sherwood) do not appear to be working....either that or the valve has other issues. I did not see any nicks on the seating surface of the valve. I have rebuilt a few hundred valves so this is not my first valve.... just my first Voit manifold.

Tim
Cranky old man, diver, photographer, scarer of children
http://www.kona-hydrostatic-testing.com/

captain
Plank Owner

Re: Issues with Voit Manifold

Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:25 pm

Put the old seat back in and see what happens.
Captain

time2dive
Vintage Diver

Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:37 am

I did, it leaked and it was the same type seat that I put in.....it may have arrived not working properly.
Cranky old man, diver, photographer, scarer of children
http://www.kona-hydrostatic-testing.com/

captain
Plank Owner

Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:17 am

I have no experience with that manifold but the old U S Divers three piece manifold used a seat about 3/16" longer than the single valve seat. Possibly the old and new seat are not the right one. Pictures and a measurement of the seat length might help.
Captain

Robohips77
Master Diver

Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:59 pm

I have a manifold J valve that is a Voit and will be glad to look at the seat. The doubles are currently empty so I can check out what mine looks like. Post a pic and measure it if possible and I will see what I have in my spare parts goody box. :D
First dives? 1967 and I never lost the fever.

Return to “Tanks and Valves”