ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Twin 45's back from Hydro and valves/manifold rebuilt.

Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:58 pm

I just finished overhauling my Sherwood valves/manifold and got my twin 45's back from hydro. Added a VDH backplate and now I am learning how to sew webbing with an awl. :)

Although this rig is by no means vintage, it is mid-70's ish and is my daily diver. In an attempt to please the vintage scuba gods I replaced the plastic knobs with metal Sportsways and US Divers knobs. Since the parts come from US Divers, Sportsways and Sherwood my wife says I should call it a "us-divers-sport-wood." I'm not entirely clear what she meant by that. :)

"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

couv
Master Diver

Re: Twin 45's back from Hydro and valves/manifold rebuilt.

Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:14 pm

Lurvely!

"US Divers Sport Wood!" I like it! :-D
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

Danny D
Lung Diver

Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:21 pm

Late, but as I said on SB , very smart classy looking on combining the metal knobs on the Sherwood manifold.
How did the sew job finish off on this project?

Wonder when things return to normal if they do , if we will see a run of those plates again?

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:27 pm

Danny D wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:21 pm
How did the sew job finish off on this project?
Let's just say it's good enough for government work. :)
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Return to “Tanks and Valves”