Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Hope-Page

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:54 pm

What year(s) was the Hope-Page mouthpiece produced, first appearance in catalogs, etc...

Working on a research project.

Thanks

M
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

simonbeans
VDH Moderator
First Name: Allan

Re: Hope-Page

Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:10 am

M
Alec Peirce did a uTube video on the Hope-Page and in it he refers to a classic diving book, which I have or had, not to be found this AM. However I did find in a 1957 Divemaster catalog of an early Hope-Page that was asymmetrical in shape, i.e., one of the intake or exhaust sections was larger. Check out his video and I am sure you will get more answers than I have provided.
Allan
Check out my website: www.vintagescubastuff.com

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:58 am

Thanks Allan, will do!

I should have realized thst when all else fails ask Alec!
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Vancetp
Master Diver
First Name: Phillip

Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:08 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69eDE2NyvsM

This one shows that asymmetrical H-P mouthpiece. And a cool DivAir!

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”