Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Jerry Moseman's RAM/DAAM

Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:13 am

Jerry Moseman's RAM/DAAM
- Known to many people in our Vintage community, Jerry Moseman was an internet friend and associate of my buddy SwimJim. They never met face to face. Jim has been frequently diving a Divair regulator that Jerry developed a new diaphragm for... And SwimJim did the field testing. Well, recently SwimJIm had an opportunity to purchase a remembrance of his friend: Jerry's personal double hose regulator.
- It's a uniquely personal regulator in that it is a satin chrome DA AquaMaster with a Royal AquaMaster balanced first stage nozzle. Other personal touches are yellow reflector tape on the hose clamps and a Dymo label "Jerry Moseman" on the front can.
- SwimJim paid tribute to Jerry by diving this special regulator in Fortune Pond recently. I snapped a few pictures to record the event.
- SwimJim showing off Jerry Moseman's regulator with Sheriffdiver Ron in the background
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

Vancetp
Master Diver
First Name: Phillip

Re: Jerry Moseman's RAM/DAAM

Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:38 pm

Cool tribute to Jerry. All those Fortune Pond pics are great. I'd like to make it someday. Flying to the MidWest costs 3x more than to Europe.....

I call my RAM the DAMN RAM after it freeflowed uncontrollably on its maiden dive.

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:07 pm

That DAAM RAM couldn't have gone to a better home than with Swimjim! He likes it not only because of the Dymo name label, but because Jerry's name is permanently engraved on the back can. Jerry did that on most everything he really liked, and obviously planned to keep.

I never met Jerry, but Francie and I spent a whole day in March with his lovely wife (widow), June. I can tell from the condition of every item he kept that he was meticulous with his diving gear. He kept virtually all of it in a spare bedroom to keep it clean and out of the Texas heat in his garage, and that even included at least a dozen tanks and a small vintage Cornelius compressor that was clean enough to eat off of. And he picked a very nice wife too. (I didn't feel it appropriate to ask if she had a tattoo saying "Property of Jerry Moseman, TXDL....". Besides, Francie would have smacked the crud out of me! I think June would have just laughed.)

Enjoy your regulator SwimJim.
The older I get the better I was.

SeaHuntJerry
Master Diver

Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:10 pm

Hi Bill and Swimjim,
Thanks for the tribute to Jerry Moseman/

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:59 pm

The regulator is indeed an interesting piece. I merely cleaned it up a bit and changed the high and low pressure seats. It dove very nicely. I spent some time at one hundred feet with it. Nice and smooth. I am glad to have it and it occupies a unique and special place in my collection. :D

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”