Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Re: Double Hose Regulator Spearfishing Vintage Film

Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:06 pm

Pretty neat. It looks so easy... The guy swims to about 4' from the fish.
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

captain
Plank Owner

Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:36 am

Spearfishing was what I did most of the time I spent diving. Always had fish in the freezer.
Captain

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:17 pm

captain wrote:Spearfishing was what I did most of the time I spent diving. Always had fish in the freezer.
I was raised with the mantra that the only reason to dive was to get game. I remember as a very young kid watching my dad come out of the ocean onto the beach after a dive and I'd always ask how the dive was. It could have been the calmest, clearest, warmest water of the year and if he didn't get a halibut, white sea bass, lobster, or abalone he would say it was a lousy dive. On the other hand, it could have been the roughest, dirtiest, coldest water of the year and if he got game he would say it was a great dive! I do believe things have changed in today's society. Although I still love hunting, I'm happy just tooling around in the shallows with a 72, harness and DH reg sightseeing. Of course if a legal size lobster should jump out and block my path instinct will require I dispatch it to my kitchen. :D Mark (Gratuitous pic of me back in the day):
Razorback Reef - San Nicolas Island.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”