Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
Bronze06
Master Diver
First Name: Russell

US Divers Company Addresses and the Dates They Moved

Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:08 am

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Hey Folks,

Does anyone have the list of US Divers' company addresses and the actual dates they moved from Broxton Ave. to W. Pico, to W. Deli, and W. Warner. I have looked into the Bullpen, but the information is a little jumpy in this regard. Case in point from the "Mistral Family" pdf;

The Mistral continued the use of the yellow label like the Over-Pressure. The identification labels help date the regulators as US Divers changed their address of operations. Pico Address Mistrals had serial numbers [100004-118953], Warner Address regulators with short yokes (pre-1967) had numbers [120065-205758] and Warner long yokes [206744-210075].

There is no mention of W. Deli here. Not that I am disparaging the author in anyway. I have a "Mistral" that is obviously a "Pico" (serial # 118993) , but has original black hoses with a straight mouth piece. In the pdf it states; "In 1960 and continuing until 1962, the Mistral had yellow hoses, a black, straight mouthpiece and “improved” nylon hose clamps." In the pdf it gives the impression that after 1962 ,"The last series of Mistrals utilized black hoses, the new “Kleer E-Z” mouthpiece and black nylon hose clamps." Mine has a Pico label with straight mouthpiece and black hoses?!?!? Was this a transition reg. in that US Divers was getting rid of excess straight mouthpieces, but opted to give this one the black hoses that were "de rigor" for the follow on year?

Questions, Mr. Wayne? Questions?

As a side-bar have you all noticed that US Divers were always going WEST (young man) when ever they moved? What was wrong with East Pico, Warner or Deli???????????
"Where'd ya get that ol' thang, don't cha' know them thare things ill kill ya!"

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: US Divers Company Addresses and the Dates They Moved

Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:32 am

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kp91liivcyejt ... d.jpg?dl=0

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Bronze06
Master Diver
First Name: Russell

Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:56 am

:D You be da man! Thanks
"Where'd ya get that ol' thang, don't cha' know them thare things ill kill ya!"

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

USdiver
Master Diver

Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:05 pm

Note that West Delhi and West Warner are actually the same address. Los Angeles changed the name of the road.

ps. There are no West Delhi labeled Mistrals.
Too DAAM Many double hoses, It's not a hobby, it's an addiction.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:40 pm

See if you can still order the following back issues of HDS and then you will know all you ever wanted to about the early Aqua-Lung.

Number 42, Winter 2005. Volume 13 issue 1
Number 37 Volume 11, Issue 4
Number 34 Volume 11, issue 1

In the past, Phil Nuytten has provided me authorized copies of his monographs for the site but I have been out for sometime. He has been too busy to re-stock me with copies but you can see all the info with color pictures in the issues above.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”