Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Double Hose repair procedures.....

Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:40 am

I know there are a lot of you on the board that are A+++ when it comes to rebuilding and tinkering with double hose regulators..... Would any of you be interested in putting your techniques in words and pictures....I did a CD some time ago but it was not a complete work my any means....What I would like is something like this.

Broxton Chuck writes out how he rebuilds the early horseshoe type regulators. He includes pictures and descriptions.

I will have a special section for this and put it in Adobe format so it can be downloaded and printed easily....

If we get several submissions for the same type of regulator a person can just look over them all and decide what method is best for them.

What do you think ? Good Idea .....Bad Idea All comments are apprecaited.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:09 am

I like the idea....I just wish that I could contribute :cry:

Bryan
Plank Owner

Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:30 am

We currently have a member doing a write up on C-clip removal. He has the best method I've seen...Stay tuned for details!
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

BROXTON CHUCK

Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:10 am

Sure Bryan. I would be glad to help. I have a BROXTON to overhaul, and I will get you pictures on how to do it, with minimal tools. A punch, rawhide mallet, screwdriver, and open end wrench. How many pictures should I submit? The BROXTON is the same as the navy type DA and the later DA Navy approved, so it will cover them all. Im going on a dive trip next week, but will get it done as soon as I get home. Chuck

Bryan
Plank Owner

Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:23 am

Thank You Broxton Chuck!!! Now we are talking......You can take as many photos as you want. I'll have my webmaster edit it and you can take a look before we put it up on the site. If I can help you in any way please let me know.

I will do one for my Spiro Royal Mistral when I get back from Wazee. It looks a bit different but the service procedures are identical for all Mistrals.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:22 pm

Nemrod is going to do a nice writeup on how to cut the notch in the new band clamp if your regulator needs it to fit perfectly. For those of you who don't know him, he is a perfectionist especially when it comes to his scuba equipment. I'm sure everyone will enjoy it.

It's contributions like these that make us a great community! Thank you

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”