Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Help to ID this adaptor

Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:22 am

This adaptor is used by a local fire department to fill SCUBA tanks from their compressor that they normally fill SCBA on. Can anyone ID the thread size on the end of this pressue checker/Yoke assembly? I am not that familiar with SCBA fittings. It's kind of like a reverse DIN ?
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

BROXTON CHUCK

Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:04 pm

Bryan, that is 1/2 an old USD cyl pressure guage. The thread is the same as any pressure guage you can get from GRAINGER.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:43 pm

I know about the pressure gague side but I'm wondering about the thread size where it connects on the other end? I'm trying to help someone with this ID so I don't have it right in my hands to measure by.....Anymore ideas?
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

BROXTON CHUCK

Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:40 pm

I will bend over so you can swat me with a churchill fin!

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:29 pm

It looks to me like a standard oxygen tank fitting. As in the large storage tanks. It is similar (or identical) to the fittings used by most air cascade storage tanks.

If it is what I am thinking, most commercial gas suppliers or welding suppliers should have that fitting.

captain
Plank Owner

Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:38 pm

I think Luis is on the right track but there are different sizes for different gases. N2 and 02 cylinders use different valves and I believe the valves on air cylinders from the commercial gas suppliers also are different.
Captain

captain
Plank Owner

Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:39 pm

Rob. I believe this is the female to the male filler adapter in your picture. It is used to fill Scott scba cylinders.
Captain

captain
Plank Owner

Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:41 pm

The picture didn't work. I'll try again.

See if these work Tom
Captain

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”