Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
treasureman
Master Diver

My Da Aquamaster

Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:02 am

Just got my Vintage double hose in from Bryan. (DA Aquamaster)

I could not wait tuntil i got home from work tommorrow to try it, so i grabbed my tank , put it on and jumped in off the dock(summer I stay at the cottage).

What sweetness it is to breath from a double hose. I had forgotten what it was like. I kept my pony at hand with my Hi performance single just in case, but i did not need it, as huge volumes of air filled my lungs.

except for some mouthpiece farting (sound) which will probably smooth itself out with use, it was a dream come true. little or no resistance to inhale, and sure as heck less than my single hose.

I tried the single hose, and it just doesn't compare.

who would want to suck through a straw when they can breathe through a double hose. drat time to go to work .

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:35 am

Well, Treasureman, perhaps u can join us next year for the 3rd annual sand DAWG dive?????

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:36 pm

Yes, please start planning for the Spring Florida dive.

AND, you have rediscovered the double hose--great! Yes, now the myths of hard breathing melt away. Compared to modern junk these beauties are wonderful breathers.

The mouthpiece sounds, do you need new cage valves, if so get the silicone ones from Dan, they breath better even if they occasionally leak a touch when swimming on your side.

You will not need a back up regulator for normal diving. Deep, currents, caverns etc of course but jumping off your dock or swimming around the DA will be just fine. These are very trouble free compared to modern plastic always leaking and spouttering neon junk.

James

BROXTON CHUCK

Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:30 pm

You mention mouthpiece farting...........! That was real farting............... not to be confused by mouthpiece farting. You said you get a real mouthfull of air. If Bryan re did it for you its done right. One thing nobody mentions, is that high wear regulators, sometimes have the pin impacted somewhat into the hp seat, and when the diaphragm pushes onto the support and pin, it will bottom quickly on the shoulder of the support/ nozzle thus reducing the airflow. If everything is in spec, youll note that the support is up out of the nozzle a ways when you assemble it, this shows proper tolerance. If the support is just about in contact with the back of the nozzle, you can expect reduced seat lift, and there less air flow. Usually this is caused from what I have seen, because of wear in the nose of the HP seat where the pin sets. Inquire minds wanna know. Have a safe dive, Chucko :roll: :roll:

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”