Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
duckbill

Long-yoke history query

Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:57 am

How were long yokes originally marketed?
Were they options at the time of regulator sales, or were they accessories to be purchased separately?
When did they originally appear on the scene?
Were they used for any reason other than accommodating banjo bolts?
How extensively were they used- How popular were they amongst divers of the time?

BROXTON CHUCK

Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:46 am

The long yoke was available to retro fit us divers double hose regs that didnt originally come with them. When the banjo fitting was being produced, as I recall this was about 1967 or thereabouts ALL of the royals had a long yoke, and you could get one for the aquamasters and mistrals. I think at the end, when they went to the round label, the royals and aquamasters AND mistrals had them. I never saw a mistral with a chrome yoke, until I put a conshelf yoke on my own reg. I started divin in 1972 and frankly, I dont recall anybody divin a two hoser. I dove a us divers "hydro lung" and it was a good little reg. Single hoser though.

SeaHuntJerry
Master Diver

Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:24 am

Hi Chuck,
Usdivers also marketed the long yolk to attach pressure gauges to some of their single hoses regulators.
Jerry :D :) :o :? 8) :lol: :P :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink:

SeaHuntJerry
Master Diver

Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:24 am

Hi Chuck,
Usdivers also marketed the long yolk to attach pressure gauges to some of their single hoses regulators.
Jerry :D :) :o :? 8) :lol: :P :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink:

SeaHuntJerry
Master Diver

K.sea-div gauge adaptor

Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:32 am

Page 15 Usdivers aqualung cataog 1967.
For more info.
Jerry :twisted: :P :D

BROXTON CHUCK

Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:22 am

Your right, Jerry. I took a long yoke off a conshelf 6 and put it on my mistral to use a banjo fitting. I never did understand why they had that long yoke on a single hoser. They already had a high, and low pressure port. Even my "hydro lung" had them. :!:

captain
Plank Owner

Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:58 am

My Aqua Master that I aquired new in 1967 has the long yoke.
Captain

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”