Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Wakulla vs Silver Springs

Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:27 pm

Wakulla vs Silver Springs
- I came across a YouTuber who was touring Wakulla Springs Park and the park made a big deal of being the location where Creature from the Black Lagoon was filmed. I thought it was Silver Springs... And sure enough Silver Springs claims to be the site, too.
- Anyway, I saw that they allow swimming at Wakulla Springs. So I'm wondering if maybe us double hose divers might hold a national get together there. Perhaps we'd do it to commemorate The Creature from the Black Lagoon's such and such anniversary? I wonder if that would be possible because, just like SeaHunt at Silver Springs, it would certainly be a thrill to dive where the Creature was filmed.

SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

captain
Plank Owner

Re: Wakulla vs Silver Springs

Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:14 am

From the website.

Recreational open water diving is allowed at Cherokee Sink for those who have open water certification. Walk-ins are welcome, but we encourage you to call 850-561-7276 to make arrangements prior to your visit. All divers at Cherokee Sink must check in at the main park entrance station to register.

Certified cave divers may cave dive at Emerald Sink or Clearcut Sink (currently closed due to road construction on Highway 319).

Recreational scuba diving is not allowed in Wakulla Spring or the swimming area.

Diving participation is limited within each designated area, and prior arrangements are recommended.

https://www.floridastateparks.org/parks ... menities-0
Captain

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Re: Wakulla vs Silver Springs

Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:59 am

Thanks Captain.

Actual Location of the movie shoot was clarified by Ricoh Browning
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”