Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
MK15diver
Vintage Diver
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:45 pm
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Contact: Website AOL

Re: Improved Trieste Diaphragms!

Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:18 pm

How do I order some? I need 7 total.
Someone told me that diving a double hose reg will kill me. I had no idea these things were dangerous.

User avatar
antique diver
Master Diver
Posts: 2150
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:50 pm
First Name: Bill
Location: North-Central Texas

Re: Improved Trieste Diaphragms!

Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:23 pm

MK15diver wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:18 pm
How do I order some? I need 7 total.

Scroll up about 3 messages back to one by James, who is making the diaphragms. Contact him directly by clicking on his email icon, or he may contact you when he sees this.
The older I get the better I was.

User avatar
SurfLung
Master Diver
Posts: 1700
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:03 pm
First Name: Eben
Location: Alexandria, MN
Contact: Website

Re: Improved Trieste Diaphragms!

Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:48 pm

More Experience with the new Trieste Diaphragm...
- I dove my Trieste again last Sunday at the community pool. I didn't try to compare it to anything. I just dove it and breathed... It gave me all the air I need. I then swam underwater laps, trying to work up a higher breathing demand. It gave me all the air I needed. And afterwards just swimming around, it was easy to forget which regulator I was breathing from... Worked just as good as my other double hose regs.
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

User avatar
antique diver
Master Diver
Posts: 2150
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:50 pm
First Name: Bill
Location: North-Central Texas

Re: Improved Trieste Diaphragms!

Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:04 am

SurfLung wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:48 pm
More Experience with the new Trieste Diaphragm...
- I dove my Trieste again last Sunday at the community pool. I didn't try to compare it to anything. I just dove it and breathed... It gave me all the air I need. I then swam underwater laps, trying to work up a higher breathing demand. It gave me all the air I needed. And afterwards just swimming around, it was easy to forget which regulator I was breathing from... Worked just as good as my other double hose regs.
Thanks for the report. Good to hear that you are satisfied with your Trieste!
The older I get the better I was.

User avatar
rhwestfall
Master Diver
Posts: 594
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:34 pm
First Name: Robert
Location: "La Grande Ile"

Re: Improved Trieste Diaphragms!

Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:22 am

Nice! This has certainly been some motivation to get both of mine going....
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

User avatar
antique diver
Master Diver
Posts: 2150
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:50 pm
First Name: Bill
Location: North-Central Texas

Re: Improved Trieste Diaphragms!

Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:19 am

rhwestfall wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:22 am
Nice! This has certainly been some motivation to get both of mine going....
Be sure and let us know how they work out for you! Best results will usually require adjustments to 2nd stage spring tension and lever height. Also IP adjustment does not have to be limited to the generally accepted 135 psi range. I run mine closer to 140, but even that's not the limit if needed to suit you.
The older I get the better I was.

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests