ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Rebuilt my PRAM.

Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:49 pm

This was my original Aqua Master I bought new in 1973. In 2010 Bryan did his magic, had it chromed, added a Phoenix, HPR, et al... I dove the s**t out of it for 4 years until I got my Kraken, always taking the hoses off and cans apart for cleaning after each ocean dive trip.  Took it for a dive the other day and it just wasn't breathing right. Saw corrosion on the filter and when I took the first stage apart I had definitely gotten seawater inside and it had been there for some time. Spring block was pitted, etc...Just finished a complete Phoenix rebuild (the HPR was in perfect condition). It's back to its great breathing self. Mark

"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

fishnbeer
Skin Diver
First Name: Jerry

Re: Rebuilt my PRAM.

Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:10 pm

Very nice Mark, it's a beautiful PRAM

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: Rebuilt my PRAM.

Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:17 pm

fishnbeer wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:10 pm
Very nice Mark, it's a beautiful PRAM
Thanks Jerry.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Return to “Phoenix and Argonaut Specialty Area”