rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

Kraken Adjustments...

Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:50 pm

I seem to remember a nice illustrative post on setting up / tuning a Kraken. Can't seem to find it...

In particular, I seem to have a little over enthusiastic venturi effect taking place. At times when I inhale deeply or quickly change to an exhale in a breathing cycle, it seems to "stick open", and at my pause of breath or quick change of cycle, the gas is "racing" out the exhaust side from the supply...

It could just be me needing to learn to dive it better, but I want to read some to see if the tune (factory) might be just a bit aggressive....

Love this regulator!!
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Kraken Adjustments...

Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:41 pm

Robert, do you feel the venturi kick in more or less depending on your position in the water.....i.e. head up, head down, upside down etc?
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

rhwestfall
Master Diver

Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:36 am

Bryan:

strong current drift dive, likely slightly head down, but maybe not.... it seems to happen with a "quick" cycle of inhale/exhale (exertion or "work"). With the fast drift, many times I'm using my lungs to rise over an obstacle, so a fast & deep inhale and it really seems to break into a heavy "flow"..

I was just thinking it might be tuned too "hot" with the venturi it has.
Bob

rhwestfall
Master Diver

Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:40 pm

The more i think about when it happens, it is possibly head down. Last experience of it was getting down and to the bottom in the current. Not a steep angel, but somewhat tilted forward...
Bob

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:53 pm

Robert, I talked with Luis a bit about it and he is going to send you a PM or E-mail later today to get more details from you.

I'll follow up and post more info when we have it.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Return to “Phoenix and Argonaut Specialty Area”