captain
Plank Owner

Quick connect

Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:20 pm

I modified a Scubapro Air 1 quick connect to be able to screw into an LP port on my Phoenix HPR. I can use it to attach an octo or use a surface supply or connect to a pony or what ever else.

Captain

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Re: Quick connect

Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:10 pm

Thanks for posting that. I like quick release connections for changing configurations.

OmniSwivel also makes “High Flow Quick Disconnect Fittings” that are specifically design for similar applications. They are probably more expensive.

This quick disconnect has a positive locking mechanism which prevents accidental disconnection.

I have seen also another company that makes similar fitting, but I can’t remember where I saw it. This type of fittings are sometimes use in rebreather applications.

These fittings can be found here:
http://www.divegearexpress.com/regulato ... _osi.shtml
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

captain
Plank Owner

Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:22 pm

$100 for the male and female high flow disconnect from dive gear express, from the Air 1 I was going to throw away, free.
Captain

Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:56 am

I have a quick disconnect setting in my desk drawer.

It about 40 to 50 years old and is raw uncoated brass. It was produced by Yajidi (S) Yakamoto who produced and underwater communications systems call "Yak-Yak" in the 1960s/1970s.

The purpose of this particular unit was to disconnect all superfluous hoses during lobster season. It was used to convert what was known as a Single hose regulator, into a true single hose regulator.

The modern diver's regulator should probably now be classified as a multi hose regulator.

SDM

8dust
Master Diver

Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:49 pm

Very nice, Tommy.
I have often thought about doing something similar. No reason another brand wouldn't work is there? I don't have as many miscellaneous SP parts as some others...
Freddo
NAVED member #201

captain
Plank Owner

Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:05 pm

8dust wrote:Very nice, Tommy.
I have often thought about doing something similar. No reason another brand wouldn't work is there? I don't have as many miscellaneous SP parts as some others...
It just has to be big enough to supply a 2nd stage, a regular BC QD is not big enough.
Captain

ebj
Lung Diver

Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:59 am

I like the screws you have on your hose clamps. I have quit using the original clamps because of the screws. Yours look easy to tighten by hand. Did you make those or do you have a part no. for them?
Ernie

Return to “Phoenix and Argonaut Specialty Area”