simonbeans
VDH Moderator
First Name: Allan

SEA HUNT LIVE Highlighted in New Book

Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:01 pm

I just returned from three fabulous weeks in the 1000 Islands of New York State, along the St. Lawrence River. Diving, boating, fishing and golfing were but a few of my activities. If anyone wishes a wondrous vacation, I highly recommend the Islands for families and anyone. But I digress.

A friend and acquaintance of many visited me while she was practicing for a big dive trip later this summer in Lake Huron. Polina and her dive buddy Joe, avid re-breather divers, stopped at my campsite for dinner and a visit.

Those who were at the 2011 SEA HUNT LIVE CELEBRATION will recall that Polina was the photographer that published an article and photos of the event in the Canadian magazine, “DIVE”. She has a website: Polina Reznikov.comthat illustrates many of her photos including the SEA HUNT series.

Polina presented me with a book, “Fifty Fathoms, The Dive & Watch History, 1953-2013, Dietmar W. Fuchs, Ed., Blancpain SA, Le Brassus, Switzerland, 2014. In this large book, 12” X 13”, 475 pages are a series of the SEA HUNT LIVE photos as well as a description of our event. Many of us are beautifully pictured in the book, including: the two Joes, Bryan, Roger, Allan, Rob, Gary, Alec, Diana, Herman and Henry.

I am most grateful to Polina for the gift, book # 1710 of 2750. Apparently, one must purchase a Blancpain watch to get a copy. I think I will continue to dive my Wal-Mart $10 specials.
Check out my website: www.vintagescubastuff.com

eskimo3883
Master Diver

Re: SEA HUNT LIVE Highlighted in New Book

Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:17 pm

Hi,

If you don't want the pen you can also purchase a new copy from Amazon dealers ($311 to $400 USD).

http://www.amazon.com/Fifty-Fathoms-Wat ... 3944098064
“A skin diver is a fellow who pulls on a pair of fancy swimming trunks, some rubber fins, a diving mask and canvas gloves, then fills his lungs with air and noses down into the ocean looking for two fisted trouble.”

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: SEA HUNT LIVE Highlighted in New Book

Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:51 pm

Nice book but outta my pay grade...
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Return to “Bibliophile Forum”