SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Terry Bodine RIP

Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:51 pm

Terry Bodine - Died Recently
- The diving community lost a good friend and dedicated enthusiast last weekend. After a year long fight with cancer, Terry Bodine has passed away. Terry has a major influence on Scuba Diving in our town of Alexandria, MN for many years. As a PADI Instructor he taught many if not most of our local certified divers who went on to become world travelers, wreck divers, lake divers, vintage divers (Rich 50,001), PADI instructors, and more. He was a careful and attentive instructor, tank and equipment inspector, and travel arranger.
- I became friends with Terry through my buddy Rich. Terry and his wife Lisa graciously included my wife and I into their Cozumel group and we spent a week together. Back home Terry made a point to come along with Rich and Me to experience Vintage diving at Fortune Pond. And, he included me when he and Rich "needed" help taking out the floating dive platforms and buoys at an exclusive resort where I would not have been allowed if I wasn't diving with Terry.
- He got sick last year. It wasn't supposed to be a difficult cancer to beat. And after treatment, it looked like he was clear. But then it came back. They tried another treatment. That didn't work either. I think they tried something else but then we heard he was being sent home to hospice and we better go and visit if we want to see him before he's gone.
- Rest In Peace, Terry Bodine... You will be missed by many.
Terry on the left, then Ron, Guy, Tom, and Rich on the right... Our Trip to Fortune Pond.
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

SeaHuntJerry
Master Diver

Re: Terry Bodine RIP

Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:05 pm

I was very sorry to hear about Terry's condition a few weeks ago,He was an active diver and good friend to all!

Return to “General Discussions”