ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

At least I dive with mask and fins. Two outta five ain't bad.

Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:31 pm

Sign at every beach in my town.

"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Ron
Site Admin
First Name: Ron

Re: At least I dive with mask and fins. Two outta five ain't bad.

Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:23 am

I'm surprised that there isn't a sign about scuba causing cancer. I've never seen so many cancer warnings until I went to California for business :lol:
The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed. -JYC

h2operations
Master Diver
First Name: Paul

Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:08 pm

I wish I had the sign concession. Is it be courteous to Home Owners referring to House Boats?

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:48 pm

h2operations wrote:
Is it be courteous to Home Owners referring to House Boats?

No, just the multi-multi-million dollar beachfront Southern California homes and the mere multi-million dollar homes one street back from the beach. 8)

That particular sign was implemented because back when you could get lobster off our beaches (our town, with the help and approval of the State of California has now outlawed that too) divers would dress, make noise and clank around at all hours of the night right next to the homes where there was public beach access. Pissed off the homeowners and they all complained to the City. The local dive shop used to use tape around the valves to show a filled tank and those pieces of tape with the dive shop's name all over them found themselves stuck to homeowners cars, mailboxes, littered on the ground and (don't ask me how I know this) occasionally stuck to the collars of roaming cats.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

h2operations
Master Diver
First Name: Paul

Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:20 pm

ScubaLawyer wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:48 pm
h2operations wrote:
Is it be courteous to Home Owners referring to House Boats?

No, just the multi-multi-million dollar beachfront Southern California homes and the mere multi-million dollar homes one street back from the beach. 8)

That particular sign was implemented because back when you could get lobster off our beaches (our town, with the help and approval of the State of California has now outlawed that too) divers would dress, make noise and clank around at all hours of the night right next to the homes where there was public beach access. Pissed off the homeowners and they all complained to the City. The local dive shop used to use tape around the valves to show a filled tank and those pieces of tape with the dive shop's name all over them found themselves stuck to homeowners cars, mailboxes, littered on the ground and (don't ask me how I know this) occasionally stuck to the collars of roaming cats.
[Makes sense to some extent like the people who more next to an AFB and complain about the jets. California tends to bend more ( to the left) then the Airforce.]

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:44 am

God help us with the continuing collapse of sanity and the Gen XYZ bunch, bubble wrapped for safety, take the reins of power. Sad thing is, I am good to go for at least another 20 or 30 years of SCUBA and have no intention of bending to the will of the nihilist state.

I cannot wait for these XYZs to ride around in their self driving automatons, sipping ice coffees as I pop a 90 MPH wheelie on my 675R past little sugar britches and yank the mirror of his auto-Uber-Yugo. And I will too and how about just knocking that sign over by accident.

I think it time for the boomers to stand up and tell the Man to kiss our collective arses, let's go hippie and revolt again, hell, weed is legal lots of places, I vote for it.

Return to “General Discussions”