ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Not dive related at all - Yosemite National Park

Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:59 pm

Although not dive-related in any manner, I spent last week hiking, biking, fishing, camping and channeling my inner Ansel Adams in Yosemite National Park. Some of my photos, in my not so humble opinion, came out fairly decently so I thought I'd use this forum to share them with my friends out there in vintage dive land. Mark

"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Re: Not dive related at all - Yosemite National Park

Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:15 pm

Nice work, Mark "A" Spencer! Makes me want to go there :D
The older I get the better I was.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:57 pm

antique diver wrote:

Bill - We'll dive the Merced River - and explore all 12 inches of it's depth!
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:04 pm

ScubaLawyer wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:57 pm
antique diver wrote:

Bill - We'll dive the Merced River - and explore all 12 inches of it's depth!
I guess panning for Gold is frowned upon in the National Parks :?
The older I get the better I was.

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:39 pm

Very nice pictures!
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:52 pm

luis wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:39 pm
Very nice pictures!
Thanks Luis!

The color pics were with my Digital SLR. I used to do a lot of Black & White film photography (underwater and topside) and decided to try my hand at it again. The B&W pics were taken by my trusty old Nikon F2 on Agfa B&W film, processed with Dektol and scanned into my computer. Too many hobbies - too much fun! Mark

lakediver
Lung Diver
First Name: George

Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:33 pm

Nice images, particularly loved the black and white shots. Nikon F2, Agfa film and Dektol developer definitely make you a vintage photographer also. It certainly is fun taking out the old film gear every now and then and to deal with only 36 exposures per roll (gasp) and the lack of immediate feedback. Also like vintage regulators, there is nothing like handling a camera that is all brass.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:56 pm

lakediver wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:33 pm
Nikon F2, Agfa film and Dektol developer definitely make you a vintage photographer ...
In 1973 I built an UW housing (parts from Mart Toggweiler if anyone remember him?) for my grandfather's Argus C3 he had given me and another one for his old Bell & Howell 8mm movie camera. Built a darkroom in my dad's garage and had all sorts of fun... A few years later I got an Ikelite housing for a Pentax KX... Might have to get back into UW B&W film photography...

captain
Plank Owner

Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:04 am

Nice
Captain

fishnbeer
Skin Diver
First Name: Jerry

Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:50 pm

In 1973 I built an UW housing (parts from Mart Toggweiler if anyone remember him?) for my grandfather's Argus C3 he had given me and another one for his old Bell & Howell 8mm movie camera. Built a darkroom in my dad's garage and had all sorts of fun... A few years later I got an Ikelite housing for a Pentax KX... Might have to get back into UW B&W film photography...
Beautiful photos Mark. You have a great talent.
Back in 1979/1980 I built a housing for an old Bolex 16mm movie camera using Mart Toggweiler's book as a guide. I used the camera for documenting the Cordell Bank Expeditions off San Francisco. I took it down to 200 feet and it worked without a single leak. I still have the book in my library. You just don't see homebuilt camera housings anymore today due to the Gopro video splurge.

Here is my copy of Toggweiller's book.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:26 am

Thanks Jerry!  I had that book but lost it somewhere over the years. Might be fun to scan it and add it to Bryan's Manuals & Catalogs section. It is a great reference with all kinds of great ideas...Mark

Return to “General Discussions”