ColemanJ
Diver
First Name: James

Sherwood/Genesis HP tanks with slant back DIN valves

Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:29 pm

I have been using Sherwood/Genesis HP (3500psi) steel tanks with the slant back DIN valves with my PRAM (Phoenix with DIN) with air and Nitrox for almost two years now. My PRAM has all the upgrades including the HPR kit. I have been using a Aqualung Zuma BC with a Aqualung quick release tank band. I have all my tanks marked so that my tank band is positioned the same every time allowing the the regulator to sit between my shoulder blades thus giving optimum breathing from the regulator. Very confortable setup. How many other people out there are using similar setups? Let's hear from you with any questions , concerns, or gripes!

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: Sherwood/Genesis HP tanks with slant back DIN valves

Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:33 pm

I'd like to see a photo. Trying to imagine a DH on those slanted valves. Thanks. Mark
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

ColemanJ
Diver

Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:37 pm

Here is the setup but only with a different BC.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

uwstlth
Master Diver
First Name: kevin

Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:25 pm

I have been diving with the same setup you have in that picture, even the same BC (Seaquest Balance) with zero issues. I have a few HP100s and a HP80 and all worked fine for me. As a rebreather diver (for work) I'm pretty sensitive to WOB and know how to tell if something just isn't right, never had that with the angled valves as far as I can tell. But others will state it must lay flat inbetween your shoulder blades to be in the best position for the best WOB... guess my aqualungs have adapted. My gills are showing...

Bronze06
Master Diver
First Name: Russell

Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:28 pm

Hmmmmmm......a new to me acronym WTF is WOB?
"Where'd ya get that ol' thang, don't cha' know them thare things ill kill ya!"

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:10 pm

Russ,

Work of breathing (WOB) is the energy expended to inhale and exhale a breathing gas. It is usually expressed as work per unit volume, for example, joules/litre, or as a work rate (power), such as joules/min or equivalent units, as it is not particularly useful without a reference to volume or time. It can be calculated in terms of the pulmonary pressure multiplied by the change in pulmonary volume, or in terms of the oxygen consumption attributable to breathing. In a normal resting state the work of breathing constitutes about 5% of the total body oxygen consumption. It can increase considerably due to illness or constraints on gas flow imposed by breathing apparatus, ambient pressure, or breathing gas composition.

Aren't you glad you asked. :D
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:25 pm

عمل التنفس (WOB) هو الطاقة المستهلكة للشهيق والزفير لغاز تنفس. عادة ما يتم التعبير عنها كعمل لكل وحدة حجم ، على سبيل المثال ، جول / لتر ، أو كمعدل عمل (طاقة) ، مثل جول / دقيقة أو وحدات معادلة ، لأنها ليست مفيدة بشكل خاص دون الإشارة إلى الحجم أو الوقت. ويمكن حسابه من حيث الضغط الرئوي مضروبًا في التغير في حجم الرئة ، أو من حيث استهلاك الأكسجين المنسوب إلى التنفس. في حالة الراحة العادية ، يشكل عمل التنفس حوالي 5 ٪ من إجمالي استهلاك الأكسجين في الجسم. يمكن أن تزيد بشكل كبير بسبب المرض أو القيود المفروضة على تدفق الغاز التي يفرضها جهاز التنفس ، الضغط المحيط ، أو تركيب غاز التنفس.

Russ, This should help clarify Scuba-Lawyereez into something understandable.
The older I get the better I was.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:50 pm

antique diver wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:25 pm
عمل التنفس (WOB) هو الطاقة المستهلكة للشهيق والزفير لغاز تنفس. عادة ما يتم التعبير عنها كعمل لكل وحدة حجم ، على سبيل المثال ، جول / لتر ، أو كمعدل عمل (طاقة) ، مثل جول / دقيقة أو وحدات معادلة ، لأنها ليست مفيدة بشكل خاص دون الإشارة إلى الحجم أو الوقت. ويمكن حسابه من حيث الضغط الرئوي مضروبًا في التغير في حجم الرئة ، أو من حيث استهلاك الأكسجين المنسوب إلى التنفس. في حالة الراحة العادية ، يشكل عمل التنفس حوالي 5 ٪ من إجمالي استهلاك الأكسجين في الجسم. يمكن أن تزيد بشكل كبير بسبب المرض أو القيود المفروضة على تدفق الغاز التي يفرضها جهاز التنفس ، الضغط المحيط ، أو تركيب غاز التنفس.

Russ, This should help clarify Scuba-Lawyereez into something understandable.

Bill, I think you would look good wearing a ghuthrain tied on with an aghal topped with a thagiyah. You would be positively chic in a thoub and short sirwal. Send photos!

antique diver
Master Diver

Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:10 pm

I'm impressed by your knowledge of various cultural attire, but I think I look best in my vintage wetsuit (meaning it's snug in the waist and makes me look trim).

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:14 pm

antique diver wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:10 pm
I'm impressed by your knowledge of various cultural attire, but I think I look best in my vintage wetsuit (meaning it's snug in the waist and makes me look trim).
I knew it! A rubber fetish! :shock: :D 8)

ColemanJ
Diver

Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:04 am

So I'm assuming the setup with the HP tanks is to everyone's liking! :)

antique diver
Master Diver

Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:22 pm

ColemanJ wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:04 am
So I'm assuming the setup with the HP tanks is to everyone's liking! :)
I'm pretty sure that the lack comments means all is well if it works well for you :D

Return to “General Discussions”