lakediver
Lung Diver
First Name: George

Table Rock Lake (Branson) Tragedy

Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:33 pm

This horrorific tragedy happened very near where many divers enjoy the normally clear and calm waters of the lake. My thoughts and prayers go out to all the families involved. Once more we are reminded that we cannot take being on or about the water for granted weither diving, boating, canoeing or swimming. Divers have recovered all the victims. The DUCK sank to about 40 ft upright and then apparently rolled down to about 80 ft. It will be raised according to news reports.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Table Rock Lake (Branson) Tragedy

Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:22 am

Being from the area and having taught diving for several years in Table Rock Lake it is indeed a tragedy. The Ducks have been a staple of the area for decades.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

captain
Plank Owner

Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:46 am

With the number of incidents ducks have been involved in I am surprised CG has not banned them. They make neither a good vehicle or boat.
Captain

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:11 pm

I was shocked but then not shocked. TRL is one of our hangouts. The ducks are always paddling around duck island. Nine members lost from one family. A perfect storm and calamity of incompetence. Do they not carry a cell phone? The Wichita stations debunked the claim the "storm came from nowhere" as it had passed through here and was known to be violent. And there were storm alerts. Around about these parts, when they put out a storm alert, best pay some attention to it because 100 MPH winds are not uncommon. We were caught out down TRL, which is a huge lake by any measure, a couple of years ago and sheltered in a cove until it passed. It is not the GOM but there is plenty of fetch to get quite stirred up if 60 plus MPH winds blow down the lake.

The Branson Belle got pushed up on a shoal in a storm a few years ago.

Makes me sick.

James

Return to “General Discussions”