OregonDiver1
Lung Diver
First Name: Anthony

Old Yellow Hoses

Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:31 am

Since I have returned to the world of vintage diving after a "LONG" absence I was rummaging around by parts bin and found an old treasure. I seem to have a mint set of "Stuart Jeffries" repro yellow hoses for USD regulators. If I am correct these were the first new production yellow hoses that our community had access to and they were made in fairly limited numbers. Does anyone else still have a pair? How did they hold up? Should I dive the set I have or just hold out of the next run of silicone yellow hoses?

Vancetp
Master Diver
First Name: Phillip

Re: Old Yellow Hoses

Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:15 pm

Are these the same neoprene hoses being sold by VintageScubaSupply.com? Same criteria as any hose should indicate usability. Checking? Hard set? Stiff? Discolored? Not confident in them?
The new silicone ones are awesome.

OregonDiver1
Lung Diver

Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:35 am

Vancetp wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:15 pm
Are these the same neoprene hoses being sold by VintageScubaSupply.com? Same criteria as any hose should indicate usability. Checking? Hard set? Stiff? Discolored? Not confident in them?
The new silicone ones are awesome.
I'm not sure if these are the same ones sold by VSS. These hoses were made by a fellow named Stuart from the UK and were made in the 2005-2007ish time frame. Their condition seems excellent due to how they were stored and perfectly dive worthy. I was just curious if anyone else was still diving hoses from this generation and how they have held up over time.

Is VSS still operational? I just listed their site and though up seems fairly unchanged from when I last visited several years ago.

simonbeans
VDH Moderator
First Name: Allan

Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:43 pm

I have a pair of these hoses. I never dove them, but are on a DA AM that was stored in a dark, cool room since purchase of the hoses in that time frame. I just checked them before this post and they are stiff and set. I would not dive them. I am not sure if VDH has yellow anymore, but they are simply the best made.
Check out my website: www.vintagescubastuff.com

Vancetp
Master Diver

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:11 pm

Yes, Dan (vintagescubasupply.com) is still in business. I just bought a pair of yellow hoses from him.

OregonDiver1
Lung Diver

Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:48 pm

Vancetp wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:11 pm
Yes, Dan (vintagescubasupply.com) is still in business. I just bought a pair of yellow hoses from him.
Are his hoses silicone or are they a different compound? How do they hold up compared to other offerings?

Vancetp
Master Diver

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:52 pm

His are exact reproductions in neoprene.

OregonDiver1
Lung Diver

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:07 pm

Vancetp wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:52 pm
His are exact reproductions in neoprene.
How do they dive? Flexible? Good stretch?

Vancetp
Master Diver

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:53 am

Sorry, I didn't see this question until today. They are fine, exactly like USD originals. I prefer the long hoses VDH sells for the DSV mouthpiece for diving, as I find most DH hoses too short. Too bad they don't come in yellow (hint, hint)! That'd be cool..... 8)

OregonDiver1
Lung Diver

Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:19 pm

Vancetp wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:53 am
Sorry, I didn't see this question until today. They are fine, exactly like USD originals. I prefer the long hoses VDH sells for the DSV mouthpiece for diving, as I find most DH hoses too short. Too bad they don't come in yellow (hint, hint)! That'd be cool..... 8)
That would be very cool.

Return to “General Discussions”