hunterkz
Lung Diver
First Name: gary

Re: Annoying only look and no touch diving people.

Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:16 pm

Awesome pic! Looks like good clean fun that a kelphugger will never experience.

Chris
Master Diver
First Name: Chris

Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:21 am

In anticipation of Oregon becoming this bad, I made myself an anchor line "safety" tank. I cut an old 72 below the top curve. Then cut the bottom off above the curve. Then welded them together making a small tank and welded the middle section to the bottom. It is filled with 500psi with an old spare regulator. I picture it someday being hauled up with my anchor, stuffed full of scallops and fish. I just hope the fish doesn't start flopping around inside the tank at in inopportune moment.

Formerly tripplec. Decided to use my real name since you guys aren't a bunch of flaky internet trolls.

hunterkz
Lung Diver
First Name: gary

Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:06 pm

Great idea. I use to tie my goody bag to the anchor so I could check if the coast was clear. You could also smuggle secret Russian spy film inside. Mike Nelson would approve.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:33 pm

In California, Fish and Game has this great system where they drive their boat fast up to where your bubbles are surfacing and an officer dives over the side and swims down to you freediving with a GoPro mounted on their head filming your every move. Tends to keep folks very honest but I have had the sh_it scared out of me a few times when all of the sudden a white shark sized creature suddenly apparates in my peripheral vision.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Chris
Master Diver

Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:03 pm

In oregon they have awesome binoculars. I personally know of a man that handed his buddy some clams on the end of his shovel. From across the bay, they knew how many were on his shovel. That was thirty years ago.
Formerly tripplec. Decided to use my real name since you guys aren't a bunch of flaky internet trolls.

Chris
Master Diver

Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:06 pm

ScubaLawyer wrote:In California, Fish and Game has this great system where they drive their boat fast up to where your bubbles are surfacing and an officer dives over the side and swims down to you freediving with a GoPro mounted on their head filming your every move. Tends to keep folks very honest but I have had the sh_it scared out of me a few times when all of the sudden a white shark sized creature suddenly apparates in my peripheral vision.
Do they use a stealth propeller?

Return to “General Discussions”