ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Champion of International Historic Diver Competition

Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:22 pm

I was talking to a friend who has a dive shop about an hour away from me. He hydroed and zinc-coated my 38s. He had seen on the web that I had won one of Bryan's photo contests a while back as well as getting 3rd place in Alec's Mike Nelson look-alike contest at the last Sea Hunt Forever. That was the end of the conversation. The next thing I know is that he acknowledged me on his website and this was his highly creative description:

"Mark Spencer a Avid Historic Equipment diver and INSTRUCTOR recently had us refurbish a set of Sportsways twin 1880 psi rated 38 cu.ft.cylinders from 1963. Mark is current champion of a International historic diver competition based on authenticity & working order of Scuba equipment from the 60’s!"

Pretty funny. :D
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Re: Champion of International Historic Diver Competition

Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:22 am

ScubaLawyer wrote:

"Mark Spencer a Avid Historic Equipment diver and INSTRUCTOR recently had us refurbish a set of Sportsways twin 1880 psi rated 38 cu.ft.cylinders from 1963. Mark is current champion of a International historic diver competition based on authenticity & working order of Scuba equipment from the 60’s!"

Pretty funny. :D
Sounds like he was talking about the Mark Spencer we know!
The older I get the better I was.

couv
Master Diver

Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:00 am

ScubaLawyer wrote:
....Mark is current champion of a International historic diver competition based on authenticity & working order of Scuba equipment from the 60’s!
Time to change handles from Scuba Lawyer to Scuba Champion!
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:41 am

couv wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:00 am
ScubaLawyer wrote:
....Mark is current champion of a International historic diver competition based on authenticity & working order of Scuba equipment from the 60’s!
Time to change handles from Scuba Lawyer to Scuba Champion!
Couv, doing so would infer that I gave a crap about it. :D
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Return to “General Discussions”