SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Dive Computer Software

Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:56 pm

Subsurface Dive Computer Software
- I had some issues with my ZOOP desktop computer software immediately after it automatically upgraded itself to a "Latest Version". It would no longer connect to my ZOOP and I was no longer able to download my dives to the desktop computer. I sent the ZOOP it to a Suunto service center and they said it worked fine with their new cable. So, I just needed to buy a new cable at $100+. The cable has a little circuit box integrated into it, which must have some sort of key to let you use the new software.
- Instead, I looked around the internet and found this Subsurface software that works with all kinds of dive computers to download dives to desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and even cell phones. It has much more powerful capabilities than the original ZOOP software AND, it works fine with my original ZOOP cable! Finally, I can store my dives (log) on the Subsurface Cloud and access them or add to them from anywhere.
- This is user supported software so, you don't pay for it unless you want to send in a donation. Actually, I found the "donation" page and they just asked for a nice thank you note and to spread the word among your friends. If you want to send money, they say send it to Micronesian Shark Foundation.

Here's the Link to Read All About it:
https://subsurface-divelog.org/
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

bbain
Vintage Diver

Re: Dive Computer Software

Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:18 pm

I use Subsurface for our Aeris computers (AI300 and Atomos Elite) as well. It works on Mac, which is something the Aeris software did not do.

Return to “General Discussions”