rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

"Vintage" HP Air Spool?

Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:27 pm

I have a USD "Pro Dive II" pressure gauge with an integral capillary depth gauge. It seems to have come with an integral air spool on the OEM hose, and it is wider than current spools. Anyone know a possible option? I'd like to have it on a new hose....

Thanks.
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

Ron
Site Admin
First Name: Ron

Re: "Vintage" HP Air Spool?

Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:50 pm

Usually the thicker one without the shoulder is that same spool. All my older USD ones use that one at least, but I do not have the gauge that you have.

https://vintagedoublehose.com/store/#!/ ... /p/8482142

If you reach in the hose with a small pair of needle noses, you should be able to pull it out.
The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed. -JYC

rhwestfall
Master Diver

Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:29 pm

It has been soaking on an US for quite some time. I do not believe it is a separate part (though I may be surprised). Spool is definitely bigger than what is used now. i am wondering if one of the "button gauge" adapters might be a solution to get it to a modern size.... might need an o-ring to make it work..... challenges.....
Bob

Herman
VDH Moderator

Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:06 pm

Is the spool IN THE HOSE????? If so then I will bet that is the same hose used on the UDS-1 pressure gauge. The spool was built INTO the hose and it will not come out. ....I can help you with that. I just need the gauge to "remember " what the size was. :) I can make you a 2 sized spool so it will work with modern hoses. USD also used the same hose end for the fill adapter for the UDS-1. Here is a photo of the spool I made for the fill adapter (and the SPG). I made several of them for Don and Sheriffdiver for their UDS-1's
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Herman

rhwestfall
Master Diver

Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:17 pm

Herman:

Message me (email, we are already discussing things - HPR tool) and maybe we can plan a resolution to this!

(and maybe you could make me that 109 lever adjusting tool? LOL - yeah, I'll keep trying....)

Bob
Bob

Return to “General Discussions”