couv
Master Diver

"Sea Hunt" on DVD suggestions.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:41 pm

Hi all,

I'm looking for suggestions on where to purchase "Sea Hunt" on DVD. I.g. I see Amazon has a slew of choices, is getting the "digitally remastered" set recommended?

Thanks,

Couv
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: "Sea Hunt" on DVD suggestions.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:16 pm

Hi Couv,

Best Buy has the complete collection too - not sure of price. I got my DVD set off e-bay a few years ago. Of course, I got the set on VHS from SeaHuntJerry in about 1995 (or rather my wife did as a birthday gift for me - she presented it to me while we were both saturated in an underwater habitat!). Wait a minute, my wife met Jerry before I met Jerry ..... Hmmm....
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Re: "Sea Hunt" on DVD suggestions.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:07 pm

I have at least one copy of what was probably at the time bootlegged DVDs and maybe a couple of others that looked more official. All of those copies have about 30 episodes that are of very poor quality. The sound in some of them is just so bad I can’t watch them.

My last purchase was the complete collection in the link below and the quality is great. It doesn’t say that it was re-mastered, but I think it is the same re-mastered version.

https://www.amazon.com/Sea-Hunt-Complet ... ete+series
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

Return to “General Discussions”