Chris
Master Diver
First Name: Chris

Oxygen cleaning

Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:31 am

So I read through the oxygen cleaning directions in the manuals section, and Im curious what people use for the acid bath and aqueous cleaning solution? Also wondering if dive shops generally go to the effort of tumbling the tank or if they skip that part.

phsdive
Vintage Diver
First Name: Philip

Re: Oxygen cleaning

Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:27 pm

I use crystal simple green to O2 clean my regs and tanks. I have not read the manual section but interested to see why you need to tumble a tank to get it O2 clean. A toothbrush is a good accessory to clean the threads of a tank and then bend it to get inside and scrub under the neck. To clean inside the tank I put some warm water and simple green inside the tank and use a whip with nylon cords. Then treat with O2 safe rust inhibitor. I think you will find that you will do a better job than a lot of dive shops. Especially if you are the one pp filling the tank. Cheers.

Chris
Master Diver
First Name: Chris

Re: Oxygen cleaning

Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:40 pm

Just realized my taptalk wasnt working and never saw your reply. Tumbling the tank was just another method, like useng the whip. I did read in the Oxygen Hackers book about the crystal simple green. Forgot what they said for the acid bath. I decided to have the dive shop do the tank. But if i ever get a compressor and start pp mixing I'll have to set myself up for tank cleaning. Oxygen Hackers book doesn't make too much of a deal about cleaning the reg for 40% or less.

Return to “General Discussions”