ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Vintage(ish) but not diving related per se.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:12 pm

Only took me 9 years but I just finished restoration of my 1984 Mercedes 500sl (European version with the small bumpers). Had to transfer my "SEA HUNT" plates to it so it is my official dive car now! :D Mark
SH 500sl.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Re: Vintage(ish) but not diving related per se.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:16 pm

Sweet! I dove with a sailor in 1981 off Monterey and Point Sur and my dive mobile was a 1973 Super Beetle. Your ride is a serious upgrade! Really awesome diving out that way. I'd love to get back some day.

Jim

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:24 pm

Thanks Jim! My dive ride back in 1981 was a 1974 Ford Courier with a shell that ran on 3 cylinders. Used to have to camp out in line at Point Lobos in Monterey to get one of the limited vehicle spots the next morning. Loved it up there. Mark
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:58 pm

Nice Job, Mark!
The older I get the better I was.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:02 pm

Thanks Bill. My wife is happy to have the garage back after it being full of dismantled car parts for so long. :D

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:14 pm

When I sell enough Argonaut Kraken a 70's era SL will be part of my collection.....As Borat would say....A Very Niiiiiice
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Bronze06
Master Diver
First Name: Russell

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:51 am

That is an AUTOMOBILE!!! Not a car. Cool Ride!!!
"Where'd ya get that ol' thang, don't cha' know them thare things ill kill ya!"

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

Return to “General Discussions”