Bronze06
Master Diver
First Name: Russell

Alec Pierce is Leaving the Retail Business After 47 years.

Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:28 am

Hey Folks,

Just a little FYI, Alec Pierce of Scuba 2000 fame and a dive shop owner and operator is semi-retiring after 47 years in dive retail. As many of you might already know him, Alec has been diving for more than 58+ years and is a fixture on Youtube with his many videos on various dive topics to include "Sea Hunt"memorabilia, modern diving equipment use and selection as well as vintage diving experience and equipment. I hope he doesn't get angry at me for letting the whole community know about his semi-retirement. I say "semi-retirement" because guys like Alec will never fully retire from a life of active living. Alec told me that he will endeavor to delve EVEN MORE into the area of vintage diving now that he will be leaving the retail shop market. I have encouraged him to seriously think about writing a book about his experiences in a life that revolves around diving and the various people he has personally encountered such as Fred Roberts and Sam Lecocq and I am sure many others.

May Alec have a blast in all the things he can look forward and enjoy this new life of transition and change. If you get a chance write him and wish him well on his Youtube site at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq0aHH3fpOg

Or at the Scuba 2000 e-mail contact at [email protected]

God Bless Him and His Family
"Where'd ya get that ol' thang, don't cha' know them thare things ill kill ya!"

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Alec Pierce is Leaving the Retail Business After 47 year

Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:44 am

He needed the extra time to work on his Sea Hunt Forever display for the 2017 event :)

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

sitkadiver
Master Diver
First Name: Dave

Re: Alec Pierce is Leaving the Retail Business After 47 year

Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:49 pm

I will certainly post well wishes on his Youtube channel. His videos are always informative and I hope he keeps publishing.

Thanks for letting us all know.
I do not believe in taking unnecessary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living. - Charles Lindbergh

Return to “General Discussions”