sitkadiver
Master Diver
First Name: Dave

H2O Doc's Video from Sitka

Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:29 am

My friend spent a week in March diving all around Sitka. We've been making this a springtime tradition for several years and a few divers we met on NWdiveclub.com come up every year for a relaxing week of diving, fishing and trolling the local brewery.

Not sure where to put this video as there are single hose regs and a few shots of the Kraken: Hope you enjoy. I'll post more video's as Chris gets his editing done.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an-ADPDsbns[/video]
I do not believe in taking unnecessary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living. - Charles Lindbergh

H20doctor
First Name: chris

Re: H2O Doc's Video from Sitka

Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:44 pm

thanks dave .....

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:49 pm

Really nice video. Thanks for sharing! :D

captain
Plank Owner

Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:11 pm

Nice
Captain

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:16 am

Thanks for sharing the video.....Looks COLD :shock:
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

sitkadiver
Master Diver

Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:08 pm

It only took him 6 months, but Chris has wrapped the editing on a few more videos. We still have one more from the WWII dish dump, but I have no idea when that will be done.

There's a thread on NWdiveclub.com with Chris's write-up and all three of the new videos. I'll only post day 3 here since it has some Kraken footage.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHhOtqT31KU[/video]

And here's the link to the nwdiveclub thread:

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=25866
I do not believe in taking unnecessary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living. - Charles Lindbergh

eskimo3883
Master Diver

Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:45 pm

Video quality looks amazing for this kind of a dive. The UW cameras have come down amazingly in price for their quality and was thinking they were a safe buy for someone as ignorant as I am. What makes me nervous is the lighting required. I see people suggesting using dive lights to >$1K LED systems but I have no idea what would either end deliver. Can you mention what camera you are using and what type of lighting system you used?
“A skin diver is a fellow who pulls on a pair of fancy swimming trunks, some rubber fins, a diving mask and canvas gloves, then fills his lungs with air and noses down into the ocean looking for two fisted trouble.”

sitkadiver
Master Diver

Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:41 am

Chris uses an SJ 2000 in place of a Gopro and the 4k stuff was shot with a Sony. The lights he makes himself, so I'll see if I can't get him to respond over here with the details.

Return to “General Discussions”