SheriffDiver
Master Diver
First Name: John

US Divers Catalogs

Sat May 21, 2016 12:54 pm

Somebody told me to search here to see old US Divers catalogs and that somebody had scanned them so you can look at each catalog. Does anybody know where to look? I'd like to see US divers catalogs from the 60' 70's and 80's. Thanks

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: US Divers Catalogs

Sat May 21, 2016 1:56 pm

Click on manuals and catalogs section.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Sat May 21, 2016 2:06 pm

At the bottom of every page on the website you can find a link :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

SheriffDiver
Master Diver
First Name: John

Sat May 21, 2016 5:28 pm

Thanks Bryan, that's what I was looking for. I see there is a big gap between 1975 and 1980. No catalogs during this era? Or just no copies yet? Nothing much in the 80's either?

Ron
Site Admin
First Name: Ron

Sun May 22, 2016 5:36 am

We are always looking for catalogs that we don't have. Unfortunately, most of us sort of lose our interest for anything newer than 1975 or so, so we just don't get a ton of catalogs in for anything newer. If you can find anything though, we are all ears. We are also missing the 1971 catalog, which I have been after forever.
The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed. -JYC

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Sun May 22, 2016 8:19 am

slonda828 wrote:We are always looking for catalogs that we don't have. Unfortunately, most of us sort of lose our interest for anything newer than 1975 or so, so we just don't get a ton of catalogs in for anything newer. If you can find anything though, we are all ears. We are also missing the 1971 catalog, which I have been after forever.
I have a nice 1971 catalog. Would you like to scan it and return to me?
The older I get the better I was.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sun May 22, 2016 8:58 am

That would be fantastic Bill!

Anything we can add to the database for future divers to have as reference is important. I will be glad to host and share any and all catalogs we dont currently have in the files.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Sun May 22, 2016 9:09 am

Glad to help. I may have some other brands of misc catalogs as well. Where should I send them?
The older I get the better I was.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sun May 22, 2016 10:02 am

Send them my way Bill.....My 10yr old needs some summer work and I'll bet with a little guidance she can work the scanner...

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Bronze06
Master Diver
First Name: Russell

Sun May 22, 2016 10:02 am

antique diver wrote:
slonda828 wrote:We are always looking for catalogs that we don't have. Unfortunately, most of us sort of lose our interest for anything newer than 1975 or so, so we just don't get a ton of catalogs in for anything newer. If you can find anything though, we are all ears. We are also missing the 1971 catalog, which I have been after forever.
I have a nice 1971 catalog. Would you like to scan it and return to me?

Bill you ROCK!!!. When I am stateside I am always looking for dive catalogs. Unfortunately I haven't found any YET (then again it helps to actually be stateside for more than a month) . Any catalog from 1978 and backwards should be of interest as we have many vintage single hose buffs as well. If I run into any from the above time hack I am just going to send them to Bryan for the archive.
"Where'd ya get that ol' thang, don't cha' know them thare things ill kill ya!"

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

Ron
Site Admin
First Name: Ron

Sun May 22, 2016 8:47 pm

BT,

I have to tell you man that you made my day. I've been looking for a 1971 catalog to scan that someone wasn't trying to sell to me for 35-50 bucks for like 6 years at least. What a great group we have here. I'm super excited to see what the layout looks like!
The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed. -JYC

lakediver
Lung Diver
First Name: George

Mon May 23, 2016 10:28 am

I have the US Divers 1983, 1988, 1993 and 1996 catalogs. The 1983 still is still fairly recognizable to the gear we love but by the 1988 catalog the world of gear is radically different. If you are interested in these I could send them to be scanned.

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Mon May 23, 2016 6:39 pm

lakediver wrote:I have the US Divers 1983, 1988, 1993 and 1996 catalogs. The 1983 still is still fairly recognizable to the gear we love but by the 1988 catalog the world of gear is radically different. If you are interested in these I could send them to be scanned.
I am interested in the evolution of the gear. The 80’s and even early 90’s are all interesting to me. From a technical stand point, it is interesting to see what survived and what changed.

When it comes to regulators, obviously only the packaging changed, because the guts are still the same.

I was not working or affiliated with a dive shop in the late 80’s or 90’s so I lost track of what was going on.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

lakediver
Lung Diver
First Name: George

Mon May 23, 2016 11:30 pm

I'll get them in the mail. Send to the Wesley Chapel address?

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Tue May 24, 2016 10:07 am

- I was diving with Sheriffdiver last weekend at Wazee along with Sea Hunt Jerry, Rich M, and Jill M. ( SwimJim and Eric came Saturday). Sheriff showed up with a US Divers UDS triple tank system with the yellow fairing/case and dove it... All Hyrdro'ed by MN School of Diving in Brainerd. Sheriff is a dedicated Cousteau fan... He had a JMJ wetsuit he converted to Cousteau style with hand glued yellow stripes on all the seams. He says the JMJ seams are positioned the same or very close to where the Cousteau dive suits yellow stripes were.
- Sheriff is a new guy to our Midwest group of vintage enthusiasts. He also brought along several twin tank set-ups and a double hose to dive with us. Wazee visibility wasn't so hot but we still enjoyed diving with and talking about our vintage gear.
- I told him you had all of the catalogs here at VDH... I never knew there were any you DIDN'T have! I forgot all that Cousteau UDS stuff was from a more modern time than the catalogs I've been interested in! :)
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

Return to “General Discussions”