Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Isothermic?

Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:08 pm

I was watching some C rated sci-fi movie on Comet Channel and these guys were searching California irrigation canals for giant worms. They had these cool rubber suits on with the script "ISOTHERMIC on the chest in like an oval pattern and they were using round, full face masks with the (dh) hoses going into the mask similar to some of the old twin snorkel masks we all love and pine for longingly. I could not catch the name of the darn movie though between watching it and installing bumpers on my Jeep.

Nem

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Re: Isothermic?

Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:56 pm

Tremors?

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:49 pm

:D No. The worms were in the water. I am more interested in the brand, Isothermic. And those weird double hose masks.

Nem

Britmarine
VDH Moderator
First Name: David

Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:42 am

From a 1960 catalogue:
Canadian.jpg
The adjective "isothermic" is often associated with the French company Beuchat of Marseilles, which brought out the first European "isothermic" wetsuits in the early 1950s. It was made from foam rubber, not neoprene, which wasn't available to the European market back then.

I wondered whether the name "Isothermic" was a made-up brand name, considering that the suits were worn in a sci-fi film?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:40 am

That collar does not look comfortable...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Return to “General Discussions”