TeamDoug2015
Vintage Diver
First Name: Doug

Playa del Carmen dive operator advice

Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:58 pm

Thanks to all of you who helped me identify great options for a visit I was planning to Cozumel, however COMHOMEFLT decided that she wants to be in Playa del Carmen across the channel from Cozumel instead. I had my heart set on Scuba Club Cozumel - which will have to wait until next time...

So I'm looking for a dive operator/hotel recommendation in Playa del Carmen if anyone has one there. Again, my needs are simple:
1. Somewhere that won't care if I'm diving a DH.
2. Someplace that is relatively clean, with edible food as not to disappoint my better half, who is not diving.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

R/
Doug

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: Playa del Carmen dive operator advice

Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:26 pm

Doug,

Wife, kid and I stayed at Dreams Puerto Aventuras last February. Just south of Playa Del Carmen. They have a dive shop on premises that seemed well run. They loved my Argonaut Kraken and had no issues at all with me diving however I wanted to off their boats. The boats depart from the harbor right outside the backdoor of the resort. Food was fantastic. All inclusive with something like 5 restaurants on premises - sushi, Mexican, Italian, pizza, you name it. Drinks all included too. Pools are fun. My wife didn't dive at all and had a great time. They are running specials now through March or May, I forget. Check out their website and be sure to click on the "Current Specials" link. No, I don't own an interest in the property. We were just very very impressed. Good luck. Mark.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Return to “General Discussions”