georgeaustin
Master Diver
First Name: george

VDH and Scuba Club Cozumel

Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:51 pm

hey, everybody
so- - I will be at SCC in February and would like to plan on taking my Phoenix RAM on this trip -
I only use steel 72's with this reg at home (6.9 inch diameter tanks) Naturally this smaller diameter tank puts the cans closer to my back than a 7.2 inch diameter AL80 which is probably what I'll be getting at SCC. Can you request a steel tank at SCC? ( I haven't dived with them in 10 years . . )

I am planning on taking the VDH standard issue backplate with my 18# OxyCheq bladder and dual SP style tank straps - if that makes a difference
As well, I assume I better have the PRAM configured in full tilt "modern" style with SPG, auto inflate LP hose and safe second stage - (Voit Avalon or AMF Swimmaster MR 12) and I do have the later model, more robust yoke.
I know SCC has no problem with DH regs but I guess the main question is about the hated AL80 rental tank . .

Thanks,

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: VDH and Scuba Club Cozumel

Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:08 pm

You will be diving aluminum 80s. Do a shore dive when you arrive to get your weighs dialed in and by the end of your 1st boat dive I doubt you will notice much difference.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Return to “General Discussions”