8dust
Master Diver

forum member list?

Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:30 pm

What happened to the list of registered forum members ?

Can't seem to find it anymore with the new site layout... :(

Some direction to it's new location would be much appreciated!

Fred
Freddo
NAVED member #201

USdiver
Master Diver

Re: forum member list?

Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:46 pm

Fred,

Click on:
1) user control panel - the "person" on the search bar
2) user groups
3) registered users - listed by date of joining the VDH forum, Check out early pages which took several years to fill while today's pages are full after only a couple of months. Bryan's gone viral.

George
Too DAAM Many double hoses, It's not a hobby, it's an addiction.

8dust
Master Diver

Re: forum member list?

Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:45 pm

Thanks a bunch, George. I really like to browse that feature sometimes, and had missed being able to find it.

Knowing myself as I do, there's little if any chance I would have found it there on my own. Bryan - just a thought, but maybe there could be a link to the same info a few layers "shallower" to increase the chances of newer members finding it...

Additional related thought, also related to the "get off my lawn" thread, and the spirit of Community Building here on the site... I don't know exactly what would be involved, but since most of us have the "Location" field populated in our member profiles, it would be pretty cool to link that information to Google Maps or something so we could have a world map with a bunch of red dots on it, and a real sense of where we all are...? I'd be interested and impressed! My wife, lovely and understanding woman that she is, is convinced that 99% of everyone on the internet is either a 12-year old girl in China, or someone serving a life sentence for murder, and even with the photos I bring back from Sand Dog events, she's still not fully convinced that most of you actually exist... :roll:

The hazards of e-relationships I suppose... :lol:

Anyway, I know that the few times I make it out of town for conferences or something, I'd be happy to have a beer in a new town and talk vintage gear if I knew there was someone from the board close by. That's actually what got me looking for the members list yesterday. Like I said, it's just a thought :D
Freddo
NAVED member #201

Return to “General Discussions”