Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Collectors' Most Desired Current survey

Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:55 am

Phil wrote:Interesting post on rarity/want~ability ! I think that the 'Coca~Cola' Spaco is probably the rarest north american production reg, There are a few one-off, pre-production prototypes of what went on to become well-known production regs in private hands and they are certainly, by definition, as rare as one can get - but hardly seems like they count since it is unlikely that any serious collector would part with these (unless they croak or go tits-up on the stock market!(G)The european sets that are pretty darn rare would certainly have the GC42 and it predecessors at, or near the top of the list.(The 'Cousteau-Gagnan CG45 was a 'play' on the Commeinhes GC42)
BTW, the number of Desco 'Airmaster's'produced was much more than 12, but still pretty rare.
Phil......Send me some pictures of these regulators if you have them available. I'd like to post them on the site.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Return to “General Discussions”