Drado
Master Diver
First Name: Eduardo

Double-hose diving in the Philippines

Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:00 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the vintage equipment diving scene. Admittedly, my first exposure to double-hose regs outside of a brief mention of them during OW class was the avatars of Captain, Luis, and Slonda on SB. After OW, I found myself adding more and more gear to my kit in the name of redundancy, and carrying them with me even during regular reef dives in the name of "practice." A few weeks ago, I came across someone's sig line which said "...enjoying un-teching, simplifying, and going back to basics." It struck a chord within me that eventually led me to come here once the bug bit.

Now, just on the off-chance that any other members of this board are from Manila, Philippines... Share some info with this newbie?

There isn't much of a scene here from what I've seen. The only exposure most divers will have to a double-hose are the regs in one of my local dive shops. Other shops with vintage gear are single-hose regs from the 70s.

Otherwise, the only other two-hosers I've seen are RB divers. Most folk seem to like their shiny new toys (I'm no exception to this). I know of two people who dive DHs here from SB, but they're based abroad, not here. According to them, there are some DH divers in Puerto Galera (an island south of Luzon), and I was hoping that some of them would be here on this board. After all, this is the BEST place to get replacement parts, right? :D

sthtxdiver
Master Diver

Re: Double-hose diving in the Philippines

Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:26 am

Hello Ed thanx for sharing .those are mighty fine regs u have there my friend .enjoy best regards from the lone star state

Fair Winds and Safe Vintage Diving
Charlie

Drado
Master Diver
First Name: Eduardo

Re: Double-hose diving in the Philippines

Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:23 am

Oh, if only they were mine! :D

Unfortunately, they belong to the shop - and it seems they're the only shop that I've been to with even a DH on display. (although interestingly, Mk5 replicas abound).

I envy you guys, able to coordinate trips with each other :P

Return to “General Discussions”