ScubaLady
Vintage Diver
First Name: Becky

Re: Welcome ScubaLady

Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:28 am

Well, I will be looking to make some diving connections in Florida; especially Divers who know the springs. Any insight to diving clubs in Florida is welcome. Given that I don't have buddy connections in Florida, I know I can always pay the Divemaster in Key Largo to dive with me :lol:

I have to say, I didn't fully comprehend how many people would stare at someone diving a double hose or just approach a vintage diver and strike up the conversation about the equipment being used. That has been fun to experience. Sunday is our local dive shop's big event. We've got 102 divers as of this past Wednesday. Should be interesting to see what looks/comments are made.

I always talk up the freedom of vintage diving and mention the comeback that it is experiencing. Of course, that is always followed by healthy advice on the requirements of VDH (a true desire to understand the science of diving). I love that this aspect of diving requires the full use of your brain!!

Thanks to all the warm welcomes, advice and help that I have gotten from the forum members. It is making my journey that much more pleasurable.
Vintage Diving...the fun never gets old.

Return to “General Discussions”