5thgrpben

My improved work reg.

Sun May 16, 2010 1:33 am

I put this together this afternoon.This will be my work reg.I glued down the duckbill to keep it in place.I removed the gates in the wagonwheel to improve the breathing,This really made a difference in the breathing.Since I have a positive seal on this reg,Water leaks should not be an issue,exept when rubber parts wear down ,i'll catch it soon enough.I was given a faux label from jerry to see how long it lasts with me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Re: My improved work reg.

Sun May 16, 2010 10:07 am

NO spokes in the wagon wheels.....NOW that is a real man.

captain
Plank Owner

Sun May 16, 2010 10:16 am

Just be sure you know all the procedures to clear a flooded 2nd stage.
Captain

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Sun May 16, 2010 2:16 pm

captain wrote:Just be sure you know all the procedures to clear a flooded 2nd stage.
Ditto.
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

diverdown1955
Skin Diver

Sun May 16, 2010 3:33 pm

I DON'T LIKE CUTTING THE GUTS OUT OF THE WAGON WHEELS, BETTER CHOICE:
NEW LUIS WAGON WHEELS. ALL THE WHOOPIE DOO ON DUCKBILLS, YEARS AGO
I HAD MY FILL OF THEIR GOINGS ON AND REMOVED THEM ALL TOGETHER. NO PROBS THE CHECK VALVE AT THE MOUTHPIECE WORKED JUST FINE AND WHEN THE DRAG
ON THE LEFT HOSE WAS A BOTHER, I DID A BARREL ROLL TO THE LEFT AND EXHALED. PROBLEM SOLVED. SOMETIME THE K.I.S.S. SYSTEM IS RIGHT ON.

JERRY
"I FEEL BETTER ALREADY"

5thgrpben

Sun May 16, 2010 4:53 pm

Iv'e been diving without gates in my wagonwheel for some time already.I don't feel uncomfortable about any water entering the hoses.I simply blow it out,No big deal.I dive so much with my D/H's ,any problem that pops up ,is handled accordingly,Pretty much second nature.I would not advise removing the non-return valves,Unless you are with comfortable with the clearing prosess. :D

Douchebag
Master Diver

Sun May 16, 2010 5:36 pm

Clearing procedures aside...wouldn't you get a CO2 build up from the exhaust side? I took out the intake wagon but kept the exhaust for that perceived reason. I'm usually on long deep dives so I didn't want to take any chances of the buildup.

Is this a concern?

captain
Plank Owner

Sun May 16, 2010 11:20 pm

5thgrpben wrote:Iv'e been diving without gates in my wagonwheel for some time already.I don't feel uncomfortable about any water entering the hoses.I simply blow it out,No big deal.I dive so much with my D/H's ,any problem that pops up ,is handled accordingly,Pretty much second nature.I would not advise removing the non-return valves,Unless you are with comfortable with the clearing prosess. :D

If for some reason the inhalation side of the can and hoses get flooded you aren't going to be able to blow it out. Holding the mouthpiece up won't start a free flow so either you drink it or milk it like a cow and . I suggest you intentionally flood it and try to clear it.
Captain

5thgrpben

Mon May 17, 2010 1:12 am

Douchebag wrote:Clearing procedures aside...wouldn't you get a CO2 build up from the exhaust side? I took out the intake wagon but kept the exhaust for that perceived reason. I'm usually on long deep dives so I didn't want to take any chances of the buildup.

Is this a concern?
you would have a problem with o2 build up from the exhaust side ,If you were sucking back from that side,Obviouslly we don't.I've done deep dives with this reg while I work, I have no problems.Overbreathing is one of the things I do worry about.I do vigerouse work underwater,and I'm still not overbreathing my reg ,which is not easy to do,It took alot of work to keep my breath smooth while doing physical work.Overbreathing my reg is no fun,So why get it started.

5thgrpben

Mon May 17, 2010 3:10 am

captain wrote:
5thgrpben wrote:Iv'e been diving without gates in my wagonwheel for some time already.I don't feel uncomfortable about any water entering the hoses.I simply blow it out,No big deal.I dive so much with my D/H's ,any problem that pops up ,is handled accordingly,Pretty much second nature.I would not advise removing the non-return valves,Unless you are with comfortable with the clearing prosess. :D

If for some reason the inhalation side of the can and hoses get flooded you aren't going to be able to blow it out. Holding the mouthpiece up won't start a free flow so either you drink it or milk it like a cow and . I suggest you intentionally flood it and try to clear it.

I pulled out my non-return valve and ,So I won't have to depend on them.And I noticed that it breathed with way less restriction without them.My number one concern is learning as much as possible about handling snafu's that occur with D/H hoses and any part of diving.Since I dive alone all the time,I need to be prepared for any situation that may take my life.I don't advise diving alone ,Period! learning is a pretty much never ending process.Thanks for your input.Please fill me in on flooded 2nd stg. issue and any other info I need to know.It will save my life someday.I dive every single day,Even on my day off,So please feel free to share anything that will keep me alive.Thank Captain.

captain
Plank Owner

Mon May 17, 2010 9:02 am

This is the proceure to clear a regulator without mouthpiece valves. The milking the cow method is shone in the lower right illustration. Another method is the grasp the inhalalation hose with both hands about 6 inches apart and alternately squeeze the hose to create a pumping action to start a free flow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Captain

5thgrpben

Mon May 17, 2010 12:17 pm

Man!Thank you so much! you have no idea how thankfull I am.

Last night ,After I read your post ,I grabbed my tank and"Milked it like a cow".It was pretty evident ,Evan out of the water,What goes on when you perform this manuver. Thanks again.

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Wed May 19, 2010 12:32 am

captain wrote:This is the proceure to clear a regulator without mouthpiece valves. The milking the cow method is shone in the lower right illustration. Another method is the grasp the inhalalation hose with both hands about 6 inches apart and alternately squeeze the hose to create a pumping action to start a free flow.
Great post! Thanks Captain. 8)
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

5thgrpben

Wed May 19, 2010 12:56 am

Man! To be honest with you guy's,Out of all the forums I get involved with,This is by far my favorite one.You guy's are great!

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Wed May 19, 2010 7:39 am

Well, it is a pretty big forum. :)

Return to “General Discussions”