First Name: Ron

Re: Anna's deployment

Sun May 02, 2010 11:10 am

Anna's address is:

Captain A.L. Walls
HHC, 3rd SB
Balad, Iraq
APO, AE 09391

Nobody has to feel obligated to send anything, I want to be clear about that. Anna currently has plenty of hygiene supplies, but could use a few creature comforts. Here is an idea of what she could use, just in case you are interested:

-An interesting book that you would like to share
-Any kind of candy that will not melt
-Women's health or any of those chicky exercise magazines
-Women's ankle length white socks in women's size 10 range
-A good woman's multi-vitamin
-Sports bras is 36C (I know, I'm a lucky dude)
-Calling cards
-Anything with caffeine, you can never have enough caffeine. She does not drink coffee (I'm working on it), but she does love tea and energy drinks.

That is probably a good start for now. I would say just imagine what you would like if you were stuck in the middle of nowhere and it was 130 degrees outside, but you had your toiletries, water, and rations with you. That's pretty much what Iraq is like. Don't worry about duplicates because there is always some 18 year old Soldier out there who has a deadbeat family that does not send them anything, and the officers usually try to share what they get with them so that they do not feel forgotten.

Also, let me know if anyone would like a United States Flag to be flown in combat for them. If you supply the flag in whatever size you would want, we can have them raised ceremoniously overseas, and returned to you in your honor.
The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed. -JYC

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Sun May 02, 2010 11:29 am

If I include a shopping list of Romak 3 and AK parts I need do you think she could help me out? :D

We need to ship her a smaller version of the NAVED banner and have her group hold it up for pictures!
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Ron
Site Admin

Sun May 02, 2010 11:56 am

You can ship parts, but not whole rifles ;)

I would be if she got her hands on a NAVED banner that she would get a cool picture over there. That would be cool.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sun May 02, 2010 12:24 pm

1. Good to know. I will send illustrations :)

2. I don't remember who our banner maker is? I think Luis or Nemrod worked with them on the huge banners we have for NAVED events now. If we could get one in a more manageable size I would be glad to ship it and throw in for the cost of having it done...
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Gilldiver
Master Diver

Sun May 02, 2010 4:01 pm

How about a Vintage Double Hose sticker on an M1A1?
Double Hose Regulators, It not just a Hobby, it’s a Disease

Ron
Site Admin

Sun May 02, 2010 10:33 pm

I could con her into tagging stuff with NAVED or VDH stickers and taking pictures. That's some pretty gangster advertising.

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Mon May 03, 2010 11:10 am

I like that idea!

Bryan
Plank Owner

Mon May 03, 2010 12:16 pm

slonda828 wrote:I could con her into tagging stuff with NAVED or VDH stickers and taking pictures. That's some pretty gangster advertising.
That's just how we roll......

wrcook
Skin Diver
First Name: Bill

Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:24 pm

We are new to the list, But Kathy and I will keep Anna in our prayers, and hope for her safe return.

Bill (a vet from a long time ago)
Bill & Kathy

DA-Navy ---- RENE 72 (1956)
Mistral ---- 38 (1955)
DA Aquamaster
Nav-Con

Gilldiver
Master Diver

Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:11 pm

Any new ideas of what Anna or the girls/guys in her unit can use?

Also, just what type of unit is she in?
Double Hose Regulators, It not just a Hobby, it’s a Disease

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:36 am

Per GlobalSecurity.org

Headquarters and Headquarters Company 3rd Sustainment Brigade

The 3rd Sustainment Brigade is responsible for all logistics support to the 3rd Infantry Division (Mechanized). The 3rd Sustainment Brigade provides supply, maintenance, medical and transportation support to the maneuver brigades of the 3rd Infantry Division.

Captain Anna L. Walls is an Army Medical Officer
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

Ron
Site Admin

Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:51 pm

Basically, to touch upon what JES so eloquently said, Anna's unit is responsible for redeploying all the units coming home to America. That includes personnel and materiel, meaning that she has to help close bases and get rid of vehicles and Joes. That makes her job VERY tedious, thankless, and not all that fun in general. Last deployment she ran the combat hospital where we took our wounded, so this deployment is quite a bit different for her as far as being in her particular areas of expertise.

She asked me to pass along that she has been receiving packages from you guys and girls, and that she really appreciates it. I really appreciate it as well. It's just yet another example of how tight our little community is.

As far as what they could use, basically just fun stuff. I know that sounds vague, but magazines, books, gum, candy that won't melt...fun stuff. Last deployment we were kicking in doors and rolling tracked vehicles. This deployment is about leaving, so that means while they have everything that they need, their job is pretty morale sapping. A lot of my friends are stuck on camps playing spades because they cannot roll combat missions anymore. I imagine a bunch of guys in flak jackets and steel piss pots felt the same way in 1975 (just my guess, if I am wrong then I apologize), and it is very frustrating.

Now, if they can just get her home before Bonaire and my 31st birthday...

ivan's mermaid
Master Diver

Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:34 am

Today is Veteran's Day, take time to thank all those who serve/served and our own VDH friends who serve.
I'm thinking of our own Anna on this day. Stay safe Anna and Thank you.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:19 am

Couldn't have said it better myself! Thanks Barb.

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:08 am

I'll second Barb and Bryan's sentiments and thank Anna for her service and wish her a safe return.

I know our Veterans are a humble group, but it would be great to be able to recognize everyone on Veterans Day. Please sound off so we can recognize your service.

Here are a few veterans that I know of (and I know it probably doesn't even begin to scratch the surface):

captain (Navy)
Ron (Army)
Capn_tucker (Navy)
NAFOD (USMC)
Popeye (Navy)
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

Return to “General Discussions”