BigSwell
Master Diver
First Name: Kevin

4 Your Eyes Only, Darling

Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:49 pm

While looking around the interweb of lies today I found an interesting link to the underwater scenes shot with model boats , submersibles, and Scuba Steve dolls. One thing I found interesting, being a rebreather diver myself, is the "heliox rig" they used is supposedly a rebreather yet it emits a constant stream of exhalation bubbles. Huum, either they didn't do the pos/neg pressure checks correctly or someone in the props dept didn't do their research proper. Eitherway, it was a good film, despite 007 being played by Roger the Dodger. The link below has some good insight to the behind the scenes of that sequence:
http://www.modelshipsinthecinema.com/20 ... -1981.html

And if you ever find yourself in Nassau, try and dive the Bond sites. Most are shallow and one area is snorkel depth with multiple films being shot there. My wife and I really enjoyed the looooong BT we had on those sites. They are all doublehose-worthy without question.

BigSwell
Master Diver

Re: 4 Your Eyes Only, Darling

Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:57 pm

And from The Spy Who Loved Me... good behind the scenes shots with models, vintage dive gear and the mandatory IATSE underwater uniform, the Banana Hammock. :mrgreen:
http://www.modelshipsinthecinema.com/20 ... -1977.html

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:56 am

BigSwell wrote:
...And if you ever find yourself in Nassau, try and dive the Bond sites. Most are shallow and one area is snorkel depth with multiple films being shot there. My wife and I really enjoyed the looooong BT we had on those sites. They are all doublehose-worthy without question.
Is there a Bond Site dive tour service on Nassau? That sounds like a neat vacation plan.
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

BigSwell
Master Diver

Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:23 am

SurfLung wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:56 am
BigSwell wrote:
...And if you ever find yourself in Nassau, try and dive the Bond sites. Most are shallow and one area is snorkel depth with multiple films being shot there. My wife and I really enjoyed the looooong BT we had on those sites. They are all doublehose-worthy without question.
Is there a Bond Site dive tour service on Nassau? That sounds like a neat vacation plan.
Any of the dive operators on Nassau can do the Bond sites, most advertise them. Stuarts Cove has a 2-fer, sharks and a Bond wreck... but again they aren't the only operation that dives that site. A quick interweb search will bring up days worth of reading on the details. The shallow site (I think is called Hollywood Bowl site #6 on the dive map) is near a wild house that is/was owned by the guy who bought Victory Secrets and a few other big named clothing brands. He has a Treasure Island kind of compound on the Pleasant Bay area with shipwrecks, tree houses, pools, docks... you name it. This is also the dive spot where scenes were filmed for Splash, Cocoon, Into The Blue and many other films and TV shows, very snorkel/ shallow dive worthy with days worth of exploring. And if you go, don't miss diving with the Tigers at Tiger Reef!!! That's a must do if you can swing the gold to do it. But one of the best things about going to Nassau is as a U.S. citizen you clear U.S. customs BEFORE you board the plane for your return trip home so essentially your flight is treated like a domestic flight, no waiting in long lines at ATL, JKF etc to clear customs hoping you don't miss your connecting flight to your home airport, smoooth!

Return to “General Discussions”