Flakotter
Lung Diver
First Name: Traner

Update from a 2018 post

Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:50 am

I just wanted to update a post that I made in 2018 ( copied and pasted below). Tim Dorsey released his new book, “Tropic of Stupid”yesterday. This book, not his previous one, has the passage about finding the Tarpon Springs knife fight location from Sea Hunt. So far it’s been a pretty good book and I would recommend any of his books as a distraction from the winter weather outside. Take care everyone.

Previous post:

Evening guys,
There is an author named Tim Dorsey who writes what I can only describe as “Gonzo Florida Crime Fiction”. His stories are like Dexter meets John D MacDonald mixed into One flew over the Cuckoos nest. All his stories are Florida based and have some of the best Florida history mixed in to the fictional story lines. He is who originally turned me on to Sea Hunt which in turn got me in to double hose diving which is why I now have 60 year old scuba regulators hidden from my wife in my closet. Anyway, when I saw the post about Sea Hunt 2019, I got so excited that I emailed Tim Dorsey just to give him a heads up. He is very approachable and always returns emails. This was his response:
“This is the second time this week that Sea Hunt has come up in conversation. I actually have the entire series on DVD at home. And I actually tracked down the exact address where Lloyd and Larry Hagman had their knife fight in Tarpon Springs.It will be in an upcoming book. ... I don't know if I can make it to the event you mentioned, but I would love to if it all possible ... thanks so much for writing!”
His next Book is called “No Sunscreen for the dead” and it will be out in mid January. So the point of this entire post is to say go pick up a copy of Tim’s new book, give it a read before Sea Hunt Forever 2019, after a day of underwater knife fights at Silver Springs, go find the Tarpon Springs knife fight location, Tarpon Springs is only two hours from Silver Springs. I will be the guy dressed as Larry Hagman waiting to recreate the knife fight.

Return to “General Discussions”