Wetsuit
Diver
First Name: Dave

DA Navy internal diaphragm

Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:00 pm

Trying to rebuild my Navy and having a hell of a time trying to remove the diaphragm between the 1st and 2nd stage. So how important is it to replace? And is it suppose to be easy to remove?

Thanks
Dave
F017FEE3-399D-4EDF-8A16-7E668DBFF637.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chris
Master Diver
First Name: Chris

Re: DA Navy internal diaphragm

Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:37 pm

Try blowing it out with compressed air from the other side? Just dont hold your hand in front of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Formerly tripplec. Decided to use my real name since you guys aren't a bunch of flaky internet trolls.

Chris
Master Diver
First Name: Chris

Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:42 pm

Since you have it appart might as well replace it. Looks like it's been in there a while. I dont remember who it was, but someone on here would cut an X in the middle so he could grab it if a poker didnt work. Just stay away from the edges.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Formerly tripplec. Decided to use my real name since you guys aren't a bunch of flaky internet trolls.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:43 pm

The air blow technique works. Since I always replace the diaphragm I just stick a metal pick in it and pull it out. My 2psi
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Wetsuit
Diver
First Name: Dave

Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:43 pm

Thanks guys, it’s out just had to use more force then I through was needed
4B8DCBA1-1504-4CA7-8833-7091EF68E17F.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Herman
VDH Moderator

Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:03 pm

I cuts an X in them if they are being a pain.
I cut the X , pry up part of it and grab that with pliers and pull it out. If you scratch the pin pad, just polish it smooth, scratches on it don't hurt anything, scratches in the seating area def do.

OR just remove the HP nozzle and with a dowel, to press it out. If it's that hard, it def needs to be replaced.
Herman

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:08 pm

Dave, that cleaned up pretty nicely. Please replace that original diaphragm with a new, more pliable one. Original must be pretty stiff and not as responsive as new one will be - think how old that original must be. I should have sent you one, so let me know if needed and I can probably send it in a letter envelope to save the exorbitant package charges to Canada.

Please post photos of the Navy when you have finished!
The older I get the better I was.

Return to “General Discussions”