Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:03 pm

Another movie for my Kraken

https://youtu.be/0-iISZ6B7L8

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Kraken stardom.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:39 pm

Lots of clever and hilarious stuff going on in this video. If you get bored and want to just put the Argonaut Kraken stuff all on a video or videos I'll put links to it on the VDH YouTube page so prospective Kraken buyers can see CLEARLY that it's not a regulator just for warm water diving....
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:49 pm

I can tell you from experience, the Kraken will go anywhere!

Bryan
Plank Owner

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:40 pm

I've started a FULL COURT PRESS trying to get new Argonaut Kraken buyers to COME HERE and learn while they are waiting on my slow old ass to build their regulator. As of now there seems to be two distinct groups of new buyers.

1. Divers that get it and know what it does and does not and have done their research.

2. Divers buying it as novelty to play Sea Hunt in the shallows cause lord knows double hose kill people past 2 atm but it impresses their friends that they are diving with one.

There are some that don't fit this mold, this is just a generalization based upon after order comments and questions I get.

Look at it this way......If you ordered a RUF Porsche and would be waiting more than a year to get it and could ask Alois Ruf questions while you waited you would jump at the chance. (and you can't by the way)

You ordered an Argonaut Kraken, you can ask the Design Engineer and actual divers of the regulator direct questions yet so few do it.....I don't get it ????
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Chris
Master Diver
First Name: Chris

Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:42 pm

Glad you like it Bryan. I feel sheepish about putting my videos on the vdh Facebook page, witch is why I commented on setting one up for just the Kraken screwing around videos.

Ill see what I can do for kraken videos. Ive only had it a year, so most videos are my Phoenix.

As far as flow rates, my scooter can easily wolf down 100cf in prety close to 20 minutes with me helping. Not a problem for VDH products.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Formerly tripplec. Decided to use my real name since you guys aren't a bunch of flaky internet trolls.

Chris
Master Diver

Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:45 pm

Were you wanting just the Kraken footage without Constable Bubbles?
Formerly tripplec. Decided to use my real name since you guys aren't a bunch of flaky internet trolls.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:07 pm

I appreciate any and all Argonaut Kraken footage. People have a short attention span so if it does not go DIRECTLY to the subject they are interested in seeing, often times (according to my Google Analytics ) they click off the page. That, in my opinion is why Alec's videos do so well....They go right to the subject clicked on. DIVERS.....Take your Argonaut Kraken out.....Take it diving, talk about why it's awesome....What challenges you had getting to know it...What you learned or what you know now that you didn't realize when you got it. Talk about how I suck at answering email or FB posts. Talk and share real world experience. People like real time stuff. I can pay a ton of people to blow smoke up peoples asses about the regulator but it's the divers in the water that make the difference.

100K in marketing will make me more money than 100k in R&D for the bottom line sadly. YOU ARGONAUT KRAKEN DIVERS ARE THE BEST ADVERTISING THAT MONEY CAN'T BUY....Because you are giving real world feedback, not some spoon fed script. That in my opinion is what prospective buyers want.
Now sometimes I need to gloss it up with some T&A but I'll get to that.....LOL

Chris
Master Diver

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:28 pm

Somebody on one of the Facebook groups made the comment that I looked like a smoker from the movie Waterworld. Gave me thoughts on another movie, maybe I can think up some free advertising.

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:50 am

I don't have a video, but how about a vintage poem by Tennyson? https://poets.org/poem/kraken
The older I get the better I was.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:24 pm

antique diver wrote:
I don't have a video, but how about a vintage poem by Tennyson? https://poets.org/poem/kraken
Very nice Bill! Was Tennyson a dive buddy of yours? :)
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

antique diver
Master Diver

Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:14 pm

ScubaLawyer wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:24 pm
antique diver wrote:
Very nice Bill! Was Tennyson a dive buddy of yours? :)
Humph! :evil: I'll have you know that I am not quite that old. He was my older brother's dive buddy. :)

Chris
Master Diver

Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:20 pm

So far the few comments on Facebook on my video are people disapproving of how we act in the water, or complaining about my pollution. Go figure.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:15 pm

Pollution bad M'kay.....

Chris
Master Diver

Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:20 pm

Ya, like no one ever takes boat out to a dive site.

antique diver
Master Diver

Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:25 pm

Sad to say, this is my only Kraken collection :cry:
Kraken Collection.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Discussions”