Phone
(901) 666-1313
Email
[email protected]
Message Subject:
Complaint
Enter your Message:
Your a POS.

Complaints are nothing new but most people have the cajones to leave a real email address or phone number that I can reply to ......... Or is Mike Nelson really mad at me for something from beyond the grave ?
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

kgehring
Master Diver

Re: What did I do now ?

Mon May 27, 2019 9:22 pm

First name is probably correct! Last name starts with L?
http://www.scubamuseum.com
Over 400 vintage regulators in my collection

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Mon May 27, 2019 9:23 pm

I get those anonymous emails telling me I'm a POS all the time - usually just after I win a $100,000 judgment against some person or company on behalf of my client. 8)

Probably from some zillion-hour know everything, know everyone, been everywhere diver who put his new VDH backplate on upside down and is pissed his DH reg doesn't fit. :D

M
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Bronze06
Master Diver
First Name: Russell

Tue May 28, 2019 3:38 am

Bryan,

F@#@%$#$# this guy! The only POS is the A-----hole who wrote that.

God Bless, Russ
"Where'd ya get that ol' thang, don't cha' know them thare things ill kill ya!"

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

couv
Master Diver

Tue May 28, 2019 7:46 pm

"Your a POS." (Not "You're").....to which the reply is always, "My what is a POS?"
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

SnarkIII
Lung Diver
First Name: Skip

Wed May 29, 2019 3:32 pm

I for one will dispute what "Mike" said. Bryan I would not call you nor anyone else from this site a POS. The people here have been kind and helpful to me as I try to learn what I can about vintage dive equipment.

rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

Wed May 29, 2019 6:39 pm

LOL - I think someone has been drinking....
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

h2operations
Master Diver
First Name: Paul

Wed May 29, 2019 9:35 pm

I think this is being misunderstood. POS = Purveyor of Old Scuba ;Perfecter Of Science; Proteus Of the Sea ; Person Of Scruples Ect Ect Ect.

PS How dare they use Mike Nelson's name in Vain!

BigMike
Master Diver
First Name: Mike

Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:29 pm

What a jerk.. but nothing surprises me at this point. My 40 years in retailing has exposed me to plenty of people who have nothing else to do but be a jerk. We have your back Bryan!
You are never too old to start a new hobby.

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:54 am

Understanding from a "Grumpy Guy"...
- Bryan, I hope you find this amusing. Ever since my early years of gunsmithing, I grew more and more irritated when customers would call and insist on talking to me personally... Pull me away from some very detail oriented work on the lathe or something... And then ask "How's my order coming?" And I would say, "It will be done the same time I said it will be done when you placed the order!"
- Over the years, I've politely helped a TON of people with various shooting and accuracy advice... Plus order updates. I've been THE got-to man for answers... And I give the information away for free. But I have to admit I've gotten more and more impatient with time wasters... And I now realize that I wasn't hiding it very well... LOL
- A few years ago we had a guy call in and say, "I want to talk to that grumpy guy that knows everything..." He needed my help and he was willing to put up with my less than cheerful attitude to get it. And so for the last couple of years I've been working on being more "patient" with customers. But I'm darned if I still don't blow up on one or two every month or so.
- Then last weekend I met some people who were talking about "Trolls" on the internet. Trolls are people who intentionally try to get you to lose your temper... It's how they get their kicks out of life... By making someone else miserable. So maybe I'm entitled to be "Grumpy" once in awhile.
- Bryan, you've helped a TON of people with various advice, information, and specialized products and parts... I'm one of them. And if you can put up with a "Grumpy Guy" like me... You must not be too bad. :)
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

Return to “General Discussions”