Understanding from a "Grumpy Guy"...
- Bryan, I hope you find this amusing. Ever since my early years of gunsmithing, I grew more and more irritated when customers would call and insist on talking to me personally... Pull me away from some very detail oriented work on the lathe or something... And then ask "How's my order coming?" And I would say, "It will be done the same time I said it will be done when you placed the order!"
- Over the years, I've politely helped a TON of people with various shooting and accuracy advice... Plus order updates. I've been THE got-to man for answers... And I give the information away for free. But I have to admit I've gotten more and more impatient with time wasters... And I now realize that I wasn't hiding it very well... LOL
- A few years ago we had a guy call in and say, "I want to talk to that grumpy guy that knows everything..." He needed my help and he was willing to put up with my less than cheerful attitude to get it. And so for the last couple of years I've been working on being more "patient" with customers. But I'm darned if I still don't blow up on one or two every month or so.
- Then last weekend I met some people who were talking about "Trolls" on the internet. Trolls are people who intentionally try to get you to lose your temper... It's how they get their kicks out of life... By making someone else miserable. So maybe I'm entitled to be "Grumpy" once in awhile.
- Bryan, you've helped a TON of people with various advice, information, and specialized products and parts... I'm one of them. And if you can put up with a "Grumpy Guy" like me... You must not be too bad.