ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

GoPro Inon Lens test

Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:22 pm

Went out for a dive off the beach yesterday. Ocean was flat calm but visibility was literally 1 to 2 feet. Took out my new GoPro Hero 7 with an INON Wide-Angle lens that has a depth of field from .4 inches to infinity. I couldn't see as well and the lens picked up stuff. Here is a 20 second clip. Nothing too exciting but Garabaldi was all I really saw. M

P.S. For some reason Vimeo is resetting my videos to a low quality 240 speed. Click on the "Settings Tab" and reset to 720 or 1080 for a better pic (shot at 4k 60fps).

"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

fishnbeer
Skin Diver
First Name: Jerry

Re: GoPro Inon Lens test

Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:21 pm

Mark-
I'm glad your using your Inon wide angle lens on your GoPro. I hope I'm the one that inspired you to get one. I really like mine and have had great success with it since we dove together in Monterey last year. It turns video shot in reduced vis into looking like better clarity for sure. BTW I'm headed to Monterey this weekend and might use it then.
Jerry

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:46 pm

fishnbeer wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:21 pm
Mark-
I'm glad your using your Inon wide angle lens on your GoPro. I hope I'm the one that inspired you to get one. I really like mine and have had great success with it since we dove together in Monterey last year. It turns video shot in reduced vis into looking like better clarity for sure. BTW I'm headed to Monterey this weekend and might use it then.
Jerry
Yes Jerry, it was all your fault!

Have fun diving Monterey. Maybe I will see you up there in the Fall.

Mark
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Durkeem
First Name: Kevin

Fri May 10, 2019 7:14 am

That's actually not bad, is it? I was very skeptical about the GoPro Inon Lens. I'm thinking I maybe rushed to some conclusions.
Here's a great introduction to lightweight wheelchairs to read up on.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Fri May 10, 2019 9:08 am

Durkeem wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 7:14 am
That's actually not bad, is it? I was very skeptical about the GoPro Inon Lens. I'm thinking I maybe rushed to some conclusions.
Thanks for the feedback Kevin!

And welcome to the board!

Mark

Return to “General Discussions”